Emergency workers rescue copper thief from utility pole

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Those copper thieves ain't smart. ( unlike MIT guys )

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
What we have here are some REALLY bright people. Pun intended.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
With China industrializing, the cost of materials is sky rocketing due to simple economics - supply and demand, price and quantity. Demand for said metals has sky rocketed, I don't think the supply has kept pace to price has increased accordingly

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
With China industrializing, the cost of materials is sky rocketing due to simple economics - supply and demand, price and quantity. Demand for said metals has sky rocketed, I don't think the supply has kept pace to price has increased accordingly

shiny-gold-star-thumb2175714.jpg

For paying attention in econ 101. :smile:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I will never forget my high school econ class... I think the first thing we ever learned was a little diddy that went "Price and Quantity, P and Q". Mr. Grady would have us repeat it through out the trimester...

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
As for the copper thieves... I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for them. It's not like big oil foots the bill for this, it's the utility customers that do... aka the general populance (himself included). It's dangerous and stupid... I try to feel for humanity but at some point Darwin's theory on survival of the fitest should come into play...

Which reminds me, I wanted to rant about why when a beach is closed due to rip currents, cities put more rescue workers on duty... not fewer. If you're too dumb to ignore the signs telling you to stay out of the ocean because of dangerous waters that can and will kill you, you don't deserve people risking their lives to save yours.