Drake MBB job

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Dont get how this moves the needle in bringing interest in the program. Hope the best for him, just wish they had brought in someone with a super quick tempo. Either way they need to clean house player wise and bring in D1 players.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
They should have hired the Grinell coach, then at least people might have cared.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Dont get how this moves the needle in bringing interest in the program. Hope the best for him, just wish they had brought in someone with a super quick tempo. Either way they need to clean house player wise and bring in D1 players.

Drake moves the needle like an 80 year olds erection.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Furman is a good school. I hope he got a nice raise because I can't see the Drake job as anything but a lateral move.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Wait till Wichita State leaves. It's going to be a poorer version of the Horizon League.
Honestly Wichita State leaving improves the conference. Currently it is still pretty much a one bid league but this gives other teams legitimate chances to win the conference.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Wichita State leaving the Valley kills the conference
Look you have to take a step back and think about it. I don't remember who Chris said talked about this on Friday but the conference is seen weaker but it is a better conference to coach in assuming Wichita State leaves.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Look you have to take a step back and think about it. I don't remember who Chris said talked about this on Friday but the conference is seen weaker but it is a better conference to coach in assuming Wichita State leaves.
The entire season comes down to the MVC tournament

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

The Shox were ridiculously underseeded this year, and no one challenged them in that league.

W/O the Shockers, the conference tournament winner is playing for a 13 seed or higher. It's a terrible conference outside of Wichita State. UNI has also had success, but nothing along the lines of this run by Marshall.

They had been a top 8 league with creighton. They're a top 12 league now. Replace the shockers with ndsu, or the like, it will barely be a top 20 leave at best.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
The Shox were ridiculously underseeded this year, and no one challenged them in that league.

W/O the Shockers, the conference tournament winner is playing for a 13 seed or higher. It's a terrible conference outside of Wichita State. UNI has also had success, but nothing along the lines of this run by Marshall.

They had been a top 8 league with creighton. They're a top 12 league now. Replace the shockers with ndsu, or the like, it will barely be a top 20 leave at best.
You guys aren't even looking at my point. It already is a one bid league most years. Wichita State leaving opens the door for other teams to compete for the NCAA tournament. That's why it is more appealing to coach in a MVC without Wichita State. It hurts the overall view of the conference nationally but it is still going to be one of the better mid major conferences.

As it is with Wichita State I don't know that you can really rebuild a teams. UNI and a couple others can compete for second and go on a run to make the tournament but no one can dethrone Wichita State.

The loss of Wichita State doesn't outweigh the benefit of opening up the conference to other teams. At least for teams like Drake. If I was UNI I wouldn't be happy about them leaving.