NCAA WBB - ISU vs Syracuse

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Bill still has some spunk: it didn't take him long to point out Carleton's and Durr's bad shooting on his post-game show.

But the team did not shoot well and unfortunately two of our most dynamic players were off. They missed a lot of shots they would normally make. That's just a fact. One of the 3 keys to winning that has been emphasized down the stretch is that we need to shoot a decent percentage. We didn't. Among other things of course. There is no question about his support for BC and he gave lots of credit to ED for the team getting to the tourney. His confidence in them showed as they kept playing and shooting.

Reactions: acoustimac

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Woof. Watching some Sweet 16 games and there is almost no one in attendance in Lexington for Stanford/Texas. Arena is empty. Not much better on the the other channel for Baylor in Okie City.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Woof. Watching some Sweet 16 games and there is almost no one in attendance in Lexington for Stanford/Texas. Arena is empty. Not much better on the the other channel for Baylor in Okie City.

I'm a little surprised Baylor wouldn't draw well in OKC it's really not that far from Waco. Are the championships in Dallas? If so that might be why save your money for a close final four.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm a little surprised Baylor wouldn't draw well in OKC it's really not that far from Waco. Are the championships in Dallas? If so that might be why save your money for a close final four.

Women's final four is in Dallas

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I sounds like "some" people plus pep bands at OKC but the view of the side they show is pretty empty. Lexington, that's just embarrassing, worse then a Big 10 non-conference game at the low attendance schools.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

They didn't really show up in OKC for the Big 12 tournament either. Waco to OKC is a 4-hour drive.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Baylor doesn't fill their own stands for football or men's basketball either...very uninspired fan base.

I won't put that all on Baylor WBB fans. They make deep NCAA runs every year so they might not get up till Elite Eight or Final Four. Maybe they need to put these Sweet Sixteen games in better sports towns. It would have drawn a lot better if it was here at the Target Center. Gopher, Lynx and local HS fans here would have put more cheeks in the seats then at OKC.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cyclone sighting. Just saw Durr in the ESPN commercial using the highlights from their hand clap challenge thingie.

Help Support Us

Become a patron