Assistants

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Sounds like everything will go down next week as far as assistance. Pitt and Va Tech should be announcing their new coaches this week. KD thought he would have staff in place by April 1st.

• Informative
Reactions: Judoka

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
VT and Pitt job open. I heard the Rider coach retired after 39 years there and they had a nice tourney. Not sure what is planned there as far as a coach.

I think once the VT job is announced, the our assistants will be soon after that.

Dresser wants the fans involved. He really is working hard to build the fan base. He stressed that he needs us on board by becoming CWC members, season ticket holders, etc.

Been working hard on recruiting and getting the wrestlers on board. Mentioned some still on the fence.

Wrestlers at the social that I saw were Simmons, Colbray, DiBlasi, Earl, Harrington, Dewitt, Larson. Probably another 5 or so, but can't remember all. Breitenbach maybe at social.

Gomez, Coleman and Kamali were at the social.

Reactions: cyclonenation5

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
VT and Pitt job open. I heard the Rider coach retired after 39 years there and they had a nice tourney. Not sure what is planned there as far as a coach.

I think once the VT job is announced, the our assistants will be soon after that.

Dresser wants the fans involved. He really is working hard to build the fan base. He stressed that he needs us on board by becoming CWC members, season ticket holders, etc.

Been working hard on recruiting and getting the wrestlers on board. Mentioned some still on the fence.

Wrestlers at the social that I saw were Simmons, Colbray, DiBlasi, Earl, Harrington, Dewitt, Larson. Probably another 5 or so, but can't remember all. Breitenbach maybe at social.

Gomez, Coleman and Kamali were at the social.

VT expected to announce as early as tomorrow. Hire could go internally w/ Robie or Mudflap or it could possibly be Kolat from what I am reading. If Robie does not get VT, it sounds like he would get the Pitt job. There is some light rumors about Schwab being possible for both jobs as well. I know there is always a fear of funding at UNI and Schwab is not as comfortable w/ Harris as he was Troy.

Dominoes for assistants should fall right after that

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
VT people have heard incredible $$ amounts offered to Mudflap to be the associate HC here. They tossed around $200,000. VT has a dude who is very credible online but that number would astonish me. (and also please me as I think he is a great teacher)

Sounds like St. John follows Mudflap if he goes but that is fluid

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
The infamous Kentucy Mudflap , was it ever confirmed it was Zadick?
Would love to see him here, great teacher and he would bring an energy we haven't had recently.