I have a little More Respect For Peter Jok

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
This may have been discussed already but I have a lot of the Hawks on ignore so some of these threads just look like Twins shadow boxing. Didn't he blow out an ACL or something in high school? I assume that is why schools backed off of him and why he took a while to get going at Iowa.

With the NBA anyway, I think he may have a McBuckets problem of good offense but can you keep him out there on defense.
I think it was actually his patellar tendon, and it went undiagnosed for a long while, if I remember correctly. Was a huge setback for him.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
To get this thread back on track, Jok improved more over his career than any Hawkeye player I can remember and that includes Marble. He's going to be really really hard to replace. The kid could get buckets whenever he wanted

He was a high level talent, you might be the only person who doesn't understand this. If he didn't get hurt he was gonna go to a Blue Blood program. I still can't believe that you were ripping this kid when he was in high school.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He was a high level talent, you might be the only person who doesn't understand this. If he didn't get hurt he was gonna go to a Blue Blood program. I still can't believe that you were ripping this kid when he was in high school.

He was going to Drake if Iowa got Matthews or Hogue. I've said I was wrong and you guys are going to be hurting bad without him next year, what else do you want me to say?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
He was going to Drake if Iowa got Matthews or Hogue. I've said I was wrong and you guys are going to be hurting bad without him next year, what else do you want me to say?

It was just really stupid so I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. I mean you had all sorts of Cyclone fans trying to tell you how good he was, and it was just an injury keeping teams away. I guess you are just really bad at judging talent, Jok suck, Jaleel sucks, Warren > Wadley, what else have you completely whiffed on?

Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It was just really stupid so I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. I mean you had all sorts of Cyclone fans trying to tell you how good he was, and it was just an injury keeping teams away. I guess you are just really bad at judging talent, Jok suck, Jaleel sucks, Warren > Wadley, what else have you completely whiffed on?

Dude I've admitted a hundred times how wrong I was about Jok. He was really really good

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I feel badly for him not being able to go to ISU like he wanted. Although he would have had more team success and gotten to play at a major program, he may not have gotten as much PT. Best of luck to the kid.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
The school that recruited Jok the hardest early on (soph/junior years) was Illinois. Weber's assistant (Jay Price) was at Wells Fargo watching him in the 4A quartefinals his junior year. The next day Weber got let go and with the coaching change and possibly the injury, Groce backed off or never got back in the race. IA didn't get too involved until the summer before his senior year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron