Scientology Getting Sued

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Lawsuit goes after Tom Cruise, church

Not sure he will win this, but interesting nonetheless.

Scientology has a great deal, they are tax exempt and are hokey. Government has to be sitting there wanting to crush them but cant.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Did you hear that Tom is building an underground bunker???

Discuss.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Did you hear that Tom is building an underground bunker???

Discuss.

Oh Brian, derailing my thread on post 2. I miss the thread that didnt exist as much as you do, but we must really try to push on for the good of the Thread That Didnt Exist, bretheren. It hurts too much.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Oh Brian, derailing my thread on post 2. I miss the thread that didnt exist as much as you do, but we must really try to push on for the good of the Thread That Didnt Exist, bretheren.

Back on topic, it is about time Scientology was sued. There has been some scary stuff going on in that "church" and it is time that this stuff is exposed.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Thats the thing. It is a huge money maker and doesnt have to pay taxes. Before you run off and say that all churches could be categorized like this, you have to remember that this "belief" was based on a scifi book for profit.

It amazes me they have gotten by with it for this long.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Thats the thing. It is a huge money maker and doesnt have to pay taxes. Before you run off and say that all churches could be categorized like this, you have to remember that this "belief" was based on a scifi book for profit.

Isn't the Bible the original scifi book?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Isn't the Bible the original scifi book?

Let not turn this into a Bible is bs thread. At least a big part of the bible can be verified through history. Scientology was started by a man that just wanted to write scifi and earn a living.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion." - L Ron Hubbard.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
Or write about an orphan discovering he has some hidden power. Both do quite well.
annie07.jpg
??http://www.genting.com.my/en/live_ent/2004/3magic/annie/images/annie07.jpg

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
In having studied several religions, most specifically cults, Scientology nearly takes the cake.

Some crazy history on L Ron Hubbard and the practices and orgins of this religion....really out there.

But John Travolta is a big player in America
Vanilla Ice has dabbled
as well the Mr. Cruise

....they are gaining followers.