You folks want a good JC point guard

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Here's about as good as you'll find for immediate relief.

Averyale Joy - N W Mississippi

She is a JOY to watch.

16 pts per game
84% FT% (take note acoustimac)
4 Rebounds per game
7 assists per game

You can search high & low..but just saying..as good as they get.

Of course I have no clout with BF. But if any of you up there do, you might want to put a bug in his ear. But if you have a "super star" frosh" coming in that can immediately take over = DIS-REGARD. Believe me, there's very few Erin Grant's (TT), Andrea Rileys (OSU) or Odessey Sims (BU) that come along.

Last edited:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Here's about as good as you'll find for immediate relief.

Averyale Joy - N W Mississippi

She is a JOY to watch.

16 pts per game
84% FT% (take note acoustimac)
4 Rebounds per game
7 assists per game

You can search high & low..but just saying..as good as they get.

Of course I have no clout with BF. But if any of you up there do, you might want to put a bug in his ear. But if you have a "super star" frosh" coming in that can immediately take over = DIS-REGARD. Believe me, there's very few Erin Grant's (TT), Andrea Rileys (OSU) or Odessey Sims (BU) that come along.

Actually, the staff will take note of any information that comes their way. Whether they do anything with it is another story, obviously. I would suggest just dropping Coach Fenn an email yourself with the same info, maybe cc Billy also, and attach a video clip of her if you can find it. Email addresses can be found in the directory at the top of the university homepage: www.iastate.edu

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I sort of doubt that BF would pay much attention to a Baylor fans e-mail about acquiring a player. Someone who has connections really should do it. There are nearly always quite a number of guards out of JC that move up to DIV 1 after 2 yrs of play. I keep up with this fairly religiously. Suprisingly several of them fit in rather well. Do you remember Amanda Lasater who went to MO. She played for years in the WNBA. Or Sheila Lambert here at Baylor. She was awesome. Made 1st team Big 12 two years in a row. Broke several records in just 2 years of play and went on to the WNBA to play for 5 or 6 years.

However it is rare for a high quality Post or Point Guard to come out of JC with the ability to step in immediately and be a star on Div 1 level. Adjut Vulgat was the last good post to move up and play with high quality that I can remember. FSU lucked out and signed her. She came here and watched several games and was very interested in playing here but she could visualize much more playing time at FSU.

This is the 1st year in a long time when there are several (2 at least) point guards out of JC who have the ability to move into Power 5 type schools. Most JC players go on to play at such schools as Texas Southern. Winthrop, Austin Peay etc.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
You trying to keep her away from Baylor? Thoughtful man.

LOL. You don't know me very well. Baylor has a junior PG (Wallace) that is coming back. We have 2 sophomore PG's (Dry & Gulley) on the bench and 1 freshmen (Juicy Landrum). In other words we have PG's coming out the watoozie. We have a freshmen coming in that many believe will be the equal to Odyssey Sims. She is ranked 2/3 respectively in the rankings at the PG position. Coach was asked about her potential at one of the tipoff club luncheons. She said if she proves out as expected she will move Wallace & Juicy over to the Guard position. So.....now you know "the rest of the story".

Last edited:
Reactions: acoustimac

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
LOL. You don't know me very well. Baylor has a junior PG (Wallace) that is coming back. We have 2 sophomore PG's (Dry & Gulley) on the bench and 1 freshmen (Juicy Landrum). In other words we have PG's coming out the watoozie. We have a freshmen coming in that many believe will be the equal to Odyssey Sims. She is ranked 2/3 respectively in the rankings at the PG position. Coach was asked about her potential at one of the tipoff club luncheons. She said if she proves out as expected she will move Wallace & Juicy over to the Guard position. So.....now you know "the rest of the story".

No, I actually meant you were being nice to her to try to protect her from Baylor.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
No, I actually meant you were being nice to her to try to protect her from Baylor.
Sorry, I didn't catch the joke. Womens basketball is the one and only thing that has my interest here at Baylor. The leadership here is a disaster.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I sort of doubt that BF would pay much attention to a Baylor fans e-mail about acquiring a player. Someone who has connections really should do it. There are nearly always quite a number of guards out of JC that move up to DIV 1 after 2 yrs of play. I keep up with this fairly religiously. Suprisingly several of them fit in rather well. Do you remember Amanda Lasater who went to MO. She played for years in the WNBA. Or Sheila Lambert here at Baylor. She was awesome. Made 1st team Big 12 two years in a row. Broke several records in just 2 years of play and went on to the WNBA to play for 5 or 6 years.

However it is rare for a high quality Post or Point Guard to come out of JC with the ability to step in immediately and be a star on Div 1 level. Adjut Vulgat was the last good post to move up and play with high quality that I can remember. FSU lucked out and signed her. She came here and watched several games and was very interested in playing here but she could visualize much more playing time at FSU.

This is the 1st year in a long time when there are several (2 at least) point guards out of JC who have the ability to move into Power 5 type schools. Most JC players go on to play at such schools as Texas Southern. Winthrop, Austin Peay etc.
I seem to remember a certain JC player that helped

I remember a JC player that was instrumental in Baylor missing out on another national title. One Danielle Adams.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron