Endings, New Beginnings, And Accolades

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
"Let's not be sad it's over but be happy it happened" - Naz Mitrou-Long

17192234_10155145904849452_6044652027057933078_o.jpg

The following articles put our senior's careers and accomplishments in perspective. Enjoy

http://www.widerightnattylite.com/2...edented-and-unforgettable-run-ncaa-tournament

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-mitrou-long-matt-thomas-iowa-state/99385944/

http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sport...cle_34454de4-0ce6-11e7-9644-435e016ad7cd.html

Last edited:

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Meet The Cyclone Future:

Darius McNeil -

Lindell Wigginton

Terrence Lewis

I think Terrence Lewis is the one I'm the most excited about. Sure, Wigginton is the bigger name and higher rated guy, but everything I've seen of Lewis shows he's legit. He's a fast small forward with a long reach and can score from outside. I think he's ready to make an impact next year and may even be a starter. My guess is our starting lineup next year will be Wigginton, Jackson, Lewis, Juiston, and Young. That's a lineup that could make the tourney. These seniors and their success helped lead us to these recruits that will be making a ton of noise in the next few seasons. For once I can say that ISU has a bright future in hoops ahead with confidence.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I live dunk videos as much as the next guy, but I'd love to see a video that shows these 4/5 guys bring wicked passers out of the low post.

With a young team, getting wide open looks will be key to getting on a roll.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Live in the moment. I enjoyed every second of this senior class. All great men, ambassadors, students and community members. Thank you to all the seniors for their effort and commitment.

We have the fanbase, the culture, and the coach to make this thing keep on rolling. Players like Wigginton and Lewis will be a huge factor in how far this team will go in the future.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I think Terrence Lewis is the one I'm the most excited about. Sure, Wigginton is the bigger name and higher rated guy, but everything I've seen of Lewis shows he's legit. He's a fast small forward with a long reach and can score from outside. I think he's ready to make an impact next year and may even be a starter. My guess is our starting lineup next year will be Wigginton, Jackson, Lewis, Juiston, and Young. That's a lineup that could make the tourney. These seniors and their success helped lead us to these recruits that will be making a ton of noise in the next few seasons. For once I can say that ISU has a bright future in hoops ahead with confidence.

Terrence Lewis at 6'6" is a stud. He looks like a cold blooded sniper IMO. From what I understand his 3 shooting percentage is off the charts but I haven't verified. Prohm recruited Lewis because he was searching for the next Abdel Nader. I think he found him.

Did I miss something? Did Juiston sign with ISU?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Terrence Lewis at 6'6" is a stud. He looks like a cold blooded sniper IMO. From what I understand his 3 shooting percentage is off the charts but I haven't verified. Prohm recruited Lewis because he was searching for the next Abdel Nader. I think he found him.

No, that's wishful thinking at the moment; even KU is after Julston. I think if we don't land some study JUCO or grad transfers, we may have a big rebuilding year like UT and OU had this year. D-Jack can't do it by himself. With a couple of pieces and big leaps forward by some of the returners (and a little Hilton Magic), maybe we can make some noise and get back to the tourney. I'm no expert, maybe Wiggington, Lard and Lewis come in and are able to contribute at a high level right away and we can finish in the upper half of the league. Can't wait to see what the next season brings.

Reactions: CycloneBBFan

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
No, that's wishful thinking at the moment; even KU is after Julston. I think if we don't land some study JUCO or grad transfers, we may have a big rebuilding year like UT and OU had this year. D-Jack can't do it by himself. With a couple of pieces and big leaps forward by some of the returners (and a little Hilton Magic), maybe we can make some noise and get back to the tourney. I'm no expert, maybe Wiggington, Lard and Lewis come in and are able to contribute at a high level right away and we can finish in the upper half of the league. Can't wait to see what the next season brings.

I'll be pissed if Kansas get Juiston. I see Bill Self making offers more and more to players ISU wants after we make the initial offer. What a snake.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I'll be pissed if Kansas get Juiston. I see Bill Self making offers more and more to players ISU wants after we make the initial offer. What a snake.
Yeah, I can't speak to whether that's happening more than it used to but if so, it could be that we're in the mix for more high-level players that we used to be

• Agree

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

No, we have not signed Juiston, but my guess is we land him. He has a better chance to start from day one at ISU than Kansas. I think it's between us two and have to give the edge to ISU to land him.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
No, we have not signed Juiston, but my guess is we land him. He has a better chance to start from day one at ISU than Kansas. I think it's between us two and have to give the edge to ISU to land him.

I hope you are right. Juiston would be icing on the cake for a stellar incoming class. Within two years the Cyclones would be a very dangerous team with a deep bench.