Well...Hey Indiana...

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Now that Brad Underwood has gone to the Fighting Illini, why don't you call Scott Drew from Baylor and take him off our pain-in-the-side list too. :)

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Let the guesses begin. Alford to Indiana, Drew to UCLA. Who would be the top mid-majors to Baylor and OSU?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Let the guesses begin. Alford to Indiana, Drew to UCLA. Who would be the top mid-majors to Baylor and OSU?

I think Kermit Davis at Middle Tennessee St deserves a chance somewhere bigger, maybe Muller at Illinois St.

For some God forsaken reason, okie st fans want Doug Gottlieb.

Reactions: CTTB78

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think Kermit Davis at Middle Tennessee St deserves a chance somewhere bigger, maybe Muller at Illinois St.

For some God forsaken reason, okie st fans want Doug Gottlieb.
Muller is an Ill St guy, so I wonder how easily he'll be bought

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I can't argue with that. I think fans would feel better if someone finally dethrones KU as the Big 12 champs. Gets old.
I like the idea of dethroning them with him as coach. There's no reason for Texas to suck like they do. We don't have the budget or the recruiting base and we at least beat them once in a while.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I like the idea of dethroning them with him as coach. There's no reason for Texas to suck like they do. We don't have the budget or the recruiting base and we at least beat them once in a while.
Texas has a top ten recruiting class and right behind them (in the end) is ISU.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I do like the conference to be as strong as possible from top to bottom. Need a stronger coach to balance out the Weber effect. As for Marshall, I still don't see him moving especially given some of the traction that the Shockers are contemplating a move to another conference. Of course, given the actions of his spouse at the last game, perhaps he wants to consider more of a party school...

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I actually think Donovan is more realistic here than many think. I am a pretty big fan of Indiana, having done my grad school work there. I would say that Donovan is the hoped for whale of the search. After that, I think Bennett, Miller or Holtman. Marshall is not as desired here as some may think. Alford is the trendy media pick right now, and could ultimately land the job. However, he is actually quite a divisive pick. Many old school fans/alums/boosters may like the connection to Knight, but many younger fans/current admin may not favor that connection. In addition to that, you have the issues with Pierce at Iowa that is turning some off of him.

Just my thoughts as a fan that is reading the Indiana message boards.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Marshall is my guess. It seems like he wants out of there, and Indiana should be able to afford him.
What? Marshall went on air and said he would love to stay in witcha state until they don't want him any longer. He is probably one of the few coaches in the nation that said they want to stay put and actually means it.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
What? Marshall went on air and said he would love to stay in witcha state until they don't want him any longer. He is probably one of the few coaches in the nation that said they want to stay put and actually means it.

Well, I mean 3.5 million sure helps.