***Official Men's Basketball National Championship Game Thread***

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
It's kind of like how nobody talks about how ISU has a Final Four appearance. It happened back when ISU only had to win one game to get there.
interesting story about that year though, ISU said they wouldn't play in the natty even if they beat Utah because they were getting called up by the navy for WW2.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Don't get me wrong as UCLA clearly the better team in this one but funny how they've only been called for 2 fouls this half.

Gotta love the blueblood treatment.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Drew has gone to the same number of Sweet Sixteens as Baylor had gone to tournaments in the history of the school before he got there... 4 S16's in the last 8 years and a chance at 3 EE's and hopefully even more... pretty good year for a squad that didn't get a vote in the pre-season top 25.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Drew has gone to the same number of Sweet Sixteens as Baylor had gone to tournaments in the history of the school before he got there... 4 S16's in the last 8 years and a chance at 3 EE's and hopefully even more... pretty good year for a squad that didn't get a vote in the pre-season top 25.
Scott Drew has still only won one career game against a team seeded better than 10th. We'll see if that trend holds up or if he's able to break through and beat the Fightin' Frank Martins.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I want to say they don't count certain things prior to either 1985 or 1980, or whenever it was the tournament started getting officially "seeded".
Sometimes they just say incorrect things and stick with them because they are lazy researchers and don't know any better. It's not South Carolina's first Sweet Sixteen ever, they were just wrong.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow, Big 12 Refs can suck my ****!!!

See, you view it as an insult, but I see it as kind of funny and a sideways compliment. We both historically suck at football; we both beat our primary rival during the regular season; we both didn't win the regular season championship but went on to win the tournament; and we both got knocked out in the second round. The kicker, though, is they don't want Duke with all of their history because they already have us.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I became a big fan of Miles Bridges over the weekend. Obviously I knew he was good, but that was really the first time watching him closely. Kid can ball.
I also loved his attitude. It's not even that it was against Kansas; he could have done the same to a school like Cal or Boston College and I'd still love it, but I'm a big fan of trash talk and like guys like Draymond Green. I hope ISU can continue to get kids from Flint in the future; seems like those guys play with a chip on their shoulder.

I think this part was from a different part of the game too
gjh3h08evfmy.jpg

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I became a big fan of Miles Bridges over the weekend. Obviously I knew he was good, but that was really the first time watching him closely. Kid can ball.
I also loved his attitude. It's not even that it was against Kansas; he could have done the same to a school like Cal or Boston College and I'd still love it, but I'm a big fan of trash talk and like guys like Draymond Green. I hope ISU can continue to get kids from Flint in the future; seems like those guys play with a chip on their shoulder.
I think this part was from a different part of the game too
You have to be a special kind of idiot to try to intimidate Frank Mason like that. A big KU run followed that chest to chest stare down. Now Bridges gets to yell "Get up, boy" at his TV as he watches Frank Mason continue on in the tourney.

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
You'd win that bet then because I am fun at parties. Good call.

I hope Baylor wins. The Big 12 needs to run all these SEC/PAC 12/Big 10 teams out of the tourney. Hopefully Drew can assign his assistants to manage timeouts for him.

guess I thought a blue blood fan would be less petty and small

Hilarious TO jab...that never gets old... oh wait