Terrence Lewis 3 point shooting percentage

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
If Babb can improve his percentage you got Jackson, Lewis, and Babb with an outside shot. No idea if Wigginton can hit the 3 but I bet he'll be good for a few.

Maybe it just me, but it appears Babb just needs some confidence. He can shoot, he can defend, he's responsible with the ball. It seemed he hesitated at times and deferred to the seniors on the court.

I would expect a huge step forward next season from Babb.

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Cannot confirm without Hawkeye offer. :rolleyes:

Do like the quote from his dad who is also his HS coach. Sound slike dad and son have the right approach.

Whatever role coach finds for Terrence to play at, I know my son will take the opportunity and make something out of it,” Tyrone Lewis said.

I almost like this more than any of the the other information. I love how every one of our players this year has character and proved the low class folks wrong. Winning with character makes the losses a little easier.

There are still people in the state that think that ISU just takes any cast-off. They'll spout it anywhere someone might confuse their opinion with one that means jack in the basketball world. It just shows how low class the haters have been and in some cases the haters have been extremely ironic, and sometimes flat out racist.

I'm probably proudest of this years team as I've been for any team in a long long time. Largely because of events far away from the court. This gives me hope that that will continue. One program is doing it the right way.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Maybe it just me, but it appears Babb just needs some confidence. He can shoot, he can defend, he's responsible with the ball. It seemed he hesitated at times and deferred to the seniors on the court.

Completely agree. He hasn't played with the green light since 2014 and it shows.

It's too bad he didn't come to ISU out of high school and redshirt. He probably would have played a lot more a year ago and thus been further along. Oh well, that Vaughn recruitment was fun , haha

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
I just reviewed game logs from past 2 seasons. It seems his 3 point field goal % from this year is inaccurate. However, he indeed shot 52% (63-121) from the behind the arc last year.
The game logs from 2015-2016 was recorded accurately.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009

I hope for a big step forward but don't expect it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I almost like this more than any of the the other information. I love how every one of our players this year has character and proved the low class folks wrong. Winning with character makes the losses a little easier.

There are still people in the state that think that ISU just takes any cast-off. They'll spout it anywhere someone might confuse their opinion with one that means jack in the basketball world. It just shows how low class the haters have been and in some cases the haters have been extremely ironic, and sometimes flat out racist.

I'm probably proudest of this years team as I've been for any team in a long long time. Largely because of events far away from the court. This gives me hope that that will continue. One program is doing it the right way.

Not to derail the thread but you cite one of the things I hate about the tavern hawks and their constant BS harping on thugs and outcasts and I just have to weigh in. We have Burton wearing the bright pink shoes to honor his mom. We have Naz going back to his full last name as a nod to his mom. We have Morris and his family members and great mom at games and his efforts to support Flint. We got Thomas volunteering and lecturing kids on the evil of drinking and driving. The Hawk fans talk is such an absolute and false narrative. Loved watching these guys and they gave us great game moments but I am also super proud to have them as graduate alumni. Would totally love to have them all land in my community someday.

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
There are programs in this state so desperate to have a program as successful as ISU's that they'll play felons. It's disgusting.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley

I agree with this. When he was aggressive he looked great. I think young has a ton more offensively than he showed this year because both knew that there were a bunch of very good scoring options so they took a back seat.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I've seen Lewis play...kid is spot on a cross between Barry Stevens and Jok shooting form. He has broad shoulders for a kid his size..unique build. He can flat out score and shoot the rock. WHere he is at defensively will determine a lot next year IMO. Prohm is going to build a defensive minded team.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Feels like everyone forgets about Terrence for next year. I'm looking forward to watching him next season, hope he can compete defensively at this level.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Just curious....other posters on here have questioned inaccurate stats before. How can anyone's stats be inaccurate? I mean, don't the box scores of games just get continually tallied in computer statvprograms? Guess I don't get why stats can get reported wrong.
I don't know about his school but our high school stats were kept by some dumbshit freshman behind the bench.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
I've seen Lewis play...kid is spot on a cross between Barry Stevens and Jok shooting form. He has broad shoulders for a kid his size..unique build. He can flat out score and shoot the rock. WHere he is at defensively will determine a lot next year IMO. Prohm is going to build a defensive minded team.

I completely agree with this. My very first impression of Lewis is he is Jok#2. The big difference is Lewis is light years ahead of Jok at the same age.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I can't figure out why he's not a consensus top 60 player. I just don't see any holes in his game. The only thing is he's not super athletic, but I mean he can still yam it pretty good.
From everything I've seen of Lewis, he looks super athletic. His arms are long, he can run up and down the court.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Just curious....other posters on here have questioned inaccurate stats before. How can anyone's stats be inaccurate? I mean, don't the box scores of games just get continually tallied in computer statvprograms? Guess I don't get why stats can get reported wrong.
Sometimes there a glitch where a box score for HS games will say someone made 4 threes off 0 attempts

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
That's kind of outstanding. Thomas was an elite shooter coming out of high school and I think that's even better than him.
I may be wrong but I recall Thomas shooting a high % (50% or so) as a Jr in HS but as SR was below 40%.

It does seem Lewis is flying under the radar and could be a huge contributor.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron