Glorious thread over at the Phog

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I was reading through that yesterday. The arrogance and douchebaggery is rampant in that thread.

They are lumping the entire fanbase into the same pot because of a couple encounters with a couple fans. I have met plenty of morons from their side as well. Every fanbase has them.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Hmm, going into a bar in an opposing teams town wearing KU gear?

I know they would have gotten heckled, but death threats? WAS doesn't put up with that.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I was reading through that yesterday. The arrogance and douchebaggery is rampant in that thread.

They are lumping the entire fanbase into the same pot because of a couple encounters with a couple fans. I have met plenty of morons from their side as well. Every fanbase has them.
Claiming death threats is pretty serious, and I suspect entirely fabricated. We don't want to kill the Jayhawks, we just want them to lose. I would challenge them to fill out a police report. All it takes is a phone call. Lying on the internet is nothing new.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Claiming death threats is pretty serious, and I suspect entirely fabricated. We don't want to kill the Jayhawks, we just want them to lose. I would challenge them to fill out a police report. All it takes is a phone call. Lying on the internet is nothing new.
The n-word laced death threats were to Elijah Johnson and the KU team from a few ISU fans via twitter after that dunk in that game and were confirmed. Obviously it doesn't represent the entire ISU fan base but KU fans will never forget that they happened.

Not sure why you guys think that thread is anything. There are weekly threads 100x worse than that about KU here during the season. Lots of people who are probably perfectly reasonable individuals lose their minds here when the topic is KU. It should come as no surprise that we have a few that flip out over ISU.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Very ignorant over there.

No, no, no. They've taken a .001% sample size of our fan base and were able to conclude that we're all farmers, racists, don't understand the game of basketball and just all around bad people.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
The n-word laced death threats were to Elijah Johnson and the KU team from a few ISU fans via twitter after that dunk in that game and were confirmed. Obviously it doesn't represent the entire ISU fan base but KU fans will never forget that they happened.

Not sure why you guys think that thread is anything. There are weekly threads 100x worse than that about KU here during the season. Lots of people who are probably perfectly reasonable individuals lose their minds here when the topic is KU. It should come as no surprise that we have a few that flip out over ISU.
Probably were KU fans. A very large portion of your fanbase are hayseeds that have never left Kansas and go into profanity laced rants when a freshman misses a shot. There isn't a more ignorant homecourt than AFH.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
The best part about it is all the predictions of our demise next year. Funny, I thought that's what was supposed to happen this year?

We'll be better than they expect next year. It will be almost certainly be down compared to this year, but I can't wait to watch what CSP can do with next year's crew. If he can keep getting them to gel late in the season, anything can happen.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Thank goodness no one here jumps to conclusions about all KU fans...

We can still laugh about it. And for the record, my OP was more about the fact that there's a 7 page thread there about us and how that is perceived as a Cyclone fan.

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The best part about it is all the predictions of our demise next year. Funny, I thought that's what was supposed to happen this year?

We'll be better than they expect next year. It will be almost certainly be down compared to this year, but I can't wait to watch what CSP can do with next year's crew. If he can keep getting them to gel late in the season, anything can happen.
Should be an interesting year for ISU hoops next season. Still lots of time left in recruiting so no one's rosters are finalized yet but there isn't much on the roster next year for ISU who has proven they can do what will be asked of them. Lots of new players and roles top to bottom.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
We can still laugh about it. And for the record, my OP was more about the fact that there's a 7 page thread there about us and how that is perceived as a Cyclone fan.
There are hundreds and hundreds of pages of threads about KU here.