Leath leaves ISU for Auburn president job

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Edit: Leath to Auburn is official. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...te-university-for-auburn-presidency/99308550/

---
Auburn is looking for a new president and word on the street is that there is mutual interest between them and Steve Leath (current Iowa State president).

Here is a story on it: http://www.oanow.com/news/local/au-...cle_7ec73b1d-b066-5d9c-a3e3-e9c5963eb320.html

"Meanwhile, one name on that short list, multiple sources told the Opelika-Auburn News, is that of Iowa State University President Steven Leath, whose experience in agriculture and leadership at a land-grant university could make him an attractive pick for Auburn."

Auburn's board plans to vote on Monday (March 20) so we could know soon whether or not this is true.

Last edited:

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Auburn is looking for a new president and word on the street is that there is mutual interest between them and Steve Leath (current Iowa State president).

Here is a story on it: http://www.oanow.com/news/local/au-...cle_7ec73b1d-b066-5d9c-a3e3-e9c5963eb320.html

"Meanwhile, one name on that short list, multiple sources told the Opelika-Auburn News, is that of Iowa State University President Steven Leath, whose experience in agriculture and leadership at a land-grant university could make him an attractive pick for Auburn."

Auburn's board plans to vote on Monday (March 20) so we could know soon whether or not this is true.
Pretty please!

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Interesting.

I would think that would be a step down or lateral move at very best.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Interesting.

I would think that would be a step down or lateral move at very best.

I generally would agree, but the scrutiny surrounding Leath with the plane investigation, plus the uncertainty surrounding who his boss will be (as Bruce Rastetter leaves the post of president of the Regents), makes this make more sense IMO.

I for one think this would be too bad; he has really done a great job growing ISU and bringing in cash.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
While I wouldn't mind seeing him go, spending probably hundreds of thousands searching for a replacement isn't ideal during this budget tightening.

CyVolk

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2017
I think Leath leaving would not be in Iowa State's best interest. No doubt there have been issues but, overall, he has been great at growing Iowa State's reputation, connecting with business/donors and supporting athletics. It's a tough job but I would give him high marks in most, not all, areas. We could and have done much, much worse.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Bye Leath, take your money corruption with you to Auburn. Also take your suppression of free speech with you leftard.

maxresdefault.jpg

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I think Leath leaving would not be in Iowa State's best interest. No doubt there have been issues but, overall, he has been great at growing Iowa State's reputation, connecting with business/donors and supporting athletics. It's a tough job but I would give him high marks in most, not all, areas. We could and have done much, much worse.
It doesn't matter how good he is at certain parts when there are ethical issues, and questionable major decisions.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
While I wouldn't mind seeing him go, spending probably hundreds of thousands searching for a replacement isn't ideal during this budget tightening.
Plus, you would have to build in budget assumptions of a drop in fund-raising until a new President is named and settled into the job.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron