Well, how's it look going into "the dance" ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Somewhat interesting to me that the both oSu and K-State were the first out. And the 4 strongest teams advanced. Usually, there's an upset along the way. Maybe that was State's win over Wake.

I still believe ISU with all that seniority and guard play and Self's thugs stand the best chance of moving deep into the field.

WVU doesn't shoot well enough. And I've never been enamored with this Baylor team, although their coach is way undervalued.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Too bad for KSU yesterday. They just didn't play their best game. Cincy is tough (know that first hand), but I think K State gives them a better run than that on most days.
I appreciate the comments but disagree. Nati' had better players, overall. When Wes went down with fouls, it was curtains.

State had a good year. Finished way above expectations in the conference. 20+ wins. NCAA dance card and win. No issues. And a solid core returning.

Just glad they made the field, so we don't have to go coach hunting. That's the last thing this program needs.

• Agree
Reactions: cstrunk

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I appreciate the comments but disagree. Nati' had better players, overall. When Wes went down with fouls, it was curtains.

State had a good year. Finished way above expectations in the conference. 20+ wins. NCAA dance card and win. No issues. And a solid core returning.

Just glad they made the field, so we don't have to go coach hunting. That's the last thing this program needs.

I think you will find many people here who are also happy that Bruce Weber will be staying in Manhattan.

Iowa State-Purdue is a coin flip. WVU should beat ND but wouldn't shock me if they didn't. Winner of this game is Elite 8 bound though I think. Baylor is the favorite and could also lose, but that's just because they seem to fold to lesser teams in the Dance every now and then. And as much as I would love to see Sparty take down KU, I don't think it's gonna happen.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think you will find many people here who are also happy that Bruce Weber will be staying in Manhattan.

Iowa State-Purdue is a coin flip. WVU should beat ND but wouldn't shock me if they didn't. Winner of this game is Elite 8 bound though I think. Baylor is the favorite and could also lose, but that's just because they seem to fold to lesser teams in the Dance every now and then. And as much as I would love to see Sparty take down KU, I don't think it's gonna happen.
I don't bet but would take ND. I agree ISU is in a 50/50 match but Monte' should be the difference in that one. Baylor should beat Southern Cal (I only wrote it that way because is PO's "university for spoiled children" fans). And Sparty is rounding into form - hopefully, they get it done. No love lost between them, methinks.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I don't bet but would take ND. I agree ISU is in a 50/50 match but Monte' should be the difference in that one. Baylor should beat Southern Cal (I only wrote it that way because is PO's "university for spoiled children" fans). And Sparty is rounding into form - hopefully, they get it done. No love lost between them, methinks.

Lol Lou Holtz always called them Southern Cal too just to piss them off. Hope you are right surly. Thought you guys would match up better on Cincy but a bit of a tough turnaround after playing the play in and the travel and all.

• Friendly
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Lol Lou Holtz always called them Southern Cal too just to piss them off. Hope you are right surly. Thought you guys would match up better on Cincy but a bit of a tough turnaround after playing the play in and the travel and all.
I stopped being an ND fan, although very Catholic, when they canned Lou. They still haven't recovered. Bob Davey, LOL.

Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I stopped being an ND fan, although very Catholic, when they canned Lou. They still haven't recovered. Bob Davey, LOL.

Haven't had a a great football fit for a coach since, but Brey is a great fit. I went to ISU undergrad and ND grad school, so will always be a fan. Would feel better about game today if I thought Bonzie was healthy.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Well, it's Baylor, Ku and WVU. No State of any color.

Baylor looks to have the easier road to the Final 4, if they can get by Frank. Wisconsin will likely be the final player in that region.

WVU gets the Zags and then most likely Zona. Too many zeds for my liking.

Ku is at home. But their competition is stellar. First Purdue. Then the destiny team, Michigan. I like the Wolves to sprint.

UCLA has both UK and North Carolina in a loaded venue.

ACC is the mega-fail conference this year. All that's left of nine is Roy's Boys.

Last edited: