***2017 NCAA Wrestling Championships Thurs/Fri/Sat in St. Louis***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Seeing Realbuto (174) and Haught (197) in the semis just reminds me of where we were, and they were, last year--down to Iowa State wrestlers.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Seeing Realbuto (174) and Haught (197) in the semis just reminds me of where we were, and they were, last year--down to Iowa State wrestlers.

I know this isn't the same as what you're saying, but Realbuto dominated that match against Jordan. Got greedy/dumb and BOOM...goes from on top to his back. Crazy turn of events.

ajbjunior

Feb 4, 2007
I know this isn't the same as what you're saying, but Realbuto dominated that match against Jordan. Got greedy/dumb and BOOM...goes from on top to his back. Crazy turn of events.
Both the 174 guys are in because of mistakes by their opponents.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
To those saying the headgear grab was blatant no it wasn't. He didn't tug and wasn't even looking for it. Valencia wins that match 9 out of 10 times. While it helps my team watching that smug pedo apologist really bugs me....

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Is J'Den Cox really going to give up wrestling for football? I suppose he's looking at the money.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
To those saying the headgear grab was blatant no it wasn't. He didn't tug and wasn't even looking for it. Valencia wins that match 9 out of 10 times. While it helps my team watching that smug pedo apologist really bugs me....

I want PSU to lose everything but yes that was a clear grab of the headgear.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Is J'Den Cox really going to give up wrestling for football? I suppose he's looking at the money.

He's finishing up his wrestling eligibility this year and is gonna give a year of football a try. Mocco did the same at Okie State as a DT and didn't do much. I think Cox has a good shot. He's a smart guy and will pick things up quick.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
He's finishing up his wrestling eligibility this year and is gonna give a year of football a try. Mocco did the same at Okie State as a DT and didn't do much. I think Cox has a good shot. He's a smart guy and will pick things up quick.
Like Mocco, he's not that tall, which would seem to weigh against an NFL career. But he certainly has the athletic talent. And, as you say, he's smart. He's a great ambassador for our sport. Would hate to lose him.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Largest weight difference between wrestler and coach: Connor Medbery and Barry Davis.

ajbjunior

Feb 4, 2007
Judoka, you're killing me with suspense! We need an updated pool standings!

I'm trying to get one of the coveted medals!