Assistants

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
From the VT Board..."
Heard at Big Tens

That Dresser is trying to bring in Zaddick and St John. Not sure if they will accept

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From the VT Board..."
Heard at Big Tens

That Dresser is trying to bring in Zaddick and St John. Not sure if they will accept

Is this the same sources that said we offered Perry multiple times and nearly begged him to coach us?

• Agree
Reactions: Judoka

RossIAwrestle

Mar 27, 2014
FWIW I heard Zadick is going to throw his hat in for the VT head job. The AD to this point has been pretty adamant about it being an open search.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think he said he heard it from a current Iowa State assistant that was at Big 10 tourney. Pretty sure our current assistants were at Big 12's then

• Friendly
Reactions: Exorcyzed

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I think he said he heard it from a current Iowa State assistant that was at Big 10 tourney. Pretty sure our current assistants were at Big 12's then
Yeah...I noticed that as well. Our assistants obviously wouldn't have been at BigTens.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I heard Zadick wants to stay in Virginia.

I would think Robie waits until VT job is announced.

I wonder when Pitt job will be decided.

We need somebody that has lots of freestyle experience or CRTC is a mute point.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I agree on Zadick is kind of goofy, but if he gets along with Dresser, I guess I am good with it. St John is an ok Hawk as a 2nd assistant at the most.

Reactions: MattMishler

Relic

May 22, 2008
Ames, IA
It was my understanding that the CRTC would have its own coaches, separate from the ISU staff. So it doesn't really matter if Coach Dresser's assistants have freestyle experience or not.

I heard Zadick wants to stay in Virginia.

I would think Robie waits until VT job is announced.

I wonder when Pitt job will be decided.

We need somebody that has lots of freestyle experience or CRTC is a mute point.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Zaddick is a goof ball. Not sure what I think of bringing him along. I guess I am all for whatever is best for the program.
That he is! But then again most wrestlers have to be lol. I think the one thing that sticks out in my mind about him is watching him in that ESPN documentary. His work ethic was on a whole different level, dedicated to the sport and not settling on just wins. To me I would hope he could bring that to the team and light some fires under some butts. But we will just see what ends up...from the sounds of it he likes it out that way and wants to have his own program. Can't fault him for that one bit.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I agree. But if the $750,000 numbers are accurate to get it started, I think an assistant is in need to get this started.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Scares. That's a funny way to spell "intimidates".

Intimidating would be the way Snyder looks. He's so stacked, his neck is fairly small? The beard is unkept in a way that speaks to being: a) just a mountain man, b) not realizing that trimmers exist, and lastly c) just is a little out there. I think he wants that look, but it tells a story, IMO.

Reactions: skibumspe

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
That is why i think he stays in the mountains of Virginia. I don't think he comes back to Iowa