KU Police investigating report of teenage girl raped at KU’s McCarthy Hall

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Did you read the actual affidavit?

Http://worldonline.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com/news/documents/2017/03/16/Jackson_Affidavit.pdf

No mention of the claims of Calvert's claim of Jackson threatening to "beat her ass" by either of the two witnesses interviewed, both of whom were teammates of Calvert and one who was also her roommate.

Who cares? Do you admit that it looks like he probably kicked her car? There seems to be a lot of evidence showing that he did. There will be more when he admits it and pleads it to a deferred judgement. These guys are guilty of felonies and they are going to walk on it and not miss any significant playing time. How can you still try to defend this?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Who cares? Do you admit that it looks like he probably kicked her car? There seems to be a lot of evidence showing that he did. There will be more when he admits it and pleads it to a deferred judgement. These guys are guilty of felonies and they are going to walk on it and not miss any significant playing time. How can you still try to defend this?
WHO CARES? I was pretty sour and thought that what I read today in the article about this affidavit made Jackson look really bad. Then I actually read the affidavit and specifically, the statements of the two female basketball players who were witnesses to the entire event and now I feel completely different about this new "information".

Yes, he kicked her car. Duh. And who are "these guys" and "they"? This involves Jackson. The only thing Vick did (I assume you're implying that he must have also been involved) was possibly look at Calvert while dancing with his new girlfriend and then walk close enough to her to have a drink thrown in his face. A wee bit short of a felony.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
What a crock; even with RWhite's volatile personality issues, we had one issue with BDJ, but not of that could qualify for this garbage:

"....The Mayor won big at his alma mater, Iowa State. But if Indiana officials looked under the hood of his recruiting—a conga line of troubled transfers with discipline issues—they’d get a little queasy. No coach in recent basketball history succeeded with a riskier recruiting gameplan. It’s not a tenable model...."

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
What a crock; even with RWhite's volatile personality issues, we had one issue with BDJ, but not of that could qualify for this garbage:

"....The Mayor won big at his alma mater, Iowa State. But if Indiana officials looked under the hood of his recruiting—a conga line of troubled transfers with discipline issues—they’d get a little queasy. No coach in recent basketball history succeeded with a riskier recruiting gameplan. It’s not a tenable model...."

Yeah that is an article that wasn't written with any knowledge of the actual facts.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Self is a lying enabling POS and don't care what act he puts on for the interviews after games and other crap. It's about winning and his legacy, period, end of story. If this kid wasn't critical to his team he would have booted him.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Self is a lying enabling POS and don't care what act he puts on for the interviews after games and other crap. It's about winning and his legacy, period, end of story. If this kid wasn't critical to his team he would have booted him.
If your stance on this is that a player should be booted off the team for a misdemeanor vandalism charge, then I will file that away in my memory bank for the next time an ISU player gets a DUI.

• Disagree
Reactions: surly

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If your stance on this is that a player should be booted off the team for a misdemeanor vandalism charge, then I will file that away in my memory bank for the next time an ISU player gets a DUI.

Except someone like Matty T got a DUI, and missed games right off the bat to begin the season..the only argument would have been to make it a game or two longer and not be exhibitions. Holberg self disciplined BDJ a couple of years ago right at the moment for a game vs. an instate rival.

Jackson's issue came out and then months later Self benched him for one meaningless conference tourney game.

• Agree
Reactions: surly and Macloney

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Except someone like Matty T got a DUI, and missed games right off the bat to begin the season..the only argument would have been to make it a game or two longer and not be exhibitions. Holberg self disciplined BDJ a couple of years ago right at the moment for a game vs. an instate rival.

Jackson's issue came out and then months later Self benched him for one meaningless conference tourney game.
The point being that the poster I was replying for was calling for Jackson to be kicked off the team for a misdemeanor vandalism but was fine with Matt Thomas missing two regular season games for a DUI, a crime most people consider to be far more dangerous and serious than kicking a car door.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The point being that the poster I was replying for was calling for Jackson to be kicked off the team for a misdemeanor vandalism but was fine with Matt Thomas missing two regular season games for a DUI, a crime most people consider to be far more dangerous and serious than kicking a car door.
How many times was Matty in trouble with the law? What has been his demeanor on and off court after his very public punishment?
If you're going to compare character, I submit that Matty is probably the wrong player to choose.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Police interviewed Jackson with Self at his side at 5:45 am. Cover up from the beginning.

So Bill got a little wake-up call. Even though he would have zero to add to the line of questioning, does anyone think Self didn't have a few comments for the police? No influence on the LPD by the basketball program, right Bill?

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Matt was charged with a serious misdemeanor in Iowa. In Iowa there are three levels of misdemeanors (4 if you want to get technical and include scheduled violations as a separate tier). The lowest level is a simple misdemeanor. The next lowest is serious misdemeanor. The highest level misdemeanor is an aggravated misdemeanor. Under no circumstances could Matt have been charged with a felony for what he did. He was stupid and he did make a mistake. But he took responsibility for his actions.

Your KU choir boy actually could have been charged with a felony.

Your opinion as to classification and "seriousness" is absolutely irrelevant., as is your opinion on most matters it seems.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Matt was charged with a serious misdemeanor in Iowa. In Iowa there are three levels of misdemeanors (4 if you want to get technical and include scheduled violations as a separate tier). The lowest level is a simple misdemeanor. The next lowest is serious misdemeanor. The highest level misdemeanor is an aggravated misdemeanor. Under no circumstances could Matt have been charged with a felony for what he did. He was stupid and he did make a mistake. But he took responsibility for his actions.

Your KU choir boy actually could have been charged with a felony.

Your opinion as to classification and "seriousness" is absolutely irrelevant., as is your opinion on most matters it seems.
People get killed by drunk drivers every day. People don't get killed by kicking car doors ever. I think that we all know that this was the "dangerous and serious" I was referring to.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
People get killed by drunk drivers every day. People don't get killed by kicking car doors ever. I think that we all know that this was the "dangerous and serious" I was referring to.

34369"]People get killed by drunk drivers every day. People don't get killed by kicking car doors everthink that we all know that this was the "dangerous and serious" I was referring to.[/Quote]

Listen, asshat, everyone understands your simplistic point. If I play that game, then people die every day from domestic disputes, including disputes that begin over something as simple as a kicked door. Matt Thomas is a class act. You are not. Ignore it.Is. have a nice life, Tuco.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
34369"]People get killed by drunk drivers every day. People don't get killed by kicking car doors everthink that we all know that this was the "dangerous and serious" I was referring to.

Listen, asshat, everyone understands your simplistic point. If I play that game, then people die every day from domestic disputes, including disputes that begin over something as simple as a kicked door. Matt Thomas is a class act. You are not. Ignore it.Is. have a nice life, Tuco.[/QUOTE]

Make that two of us. My personal banhammer has a short fuse this evening, and I'm racking up my list of ignores.