Friday OT #1 - What's Your Taunt?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you had just made a big shot, what would be your "after-the-shot" taunt. Clearly, we all know that Bowie's hotline bling. What do you have?

Just in case you need ideas, I added the Grand Theft Auto taunts (LINK). I'd probably go with "jerk," myself, but I'm pretty competitive and I think all classiness would fly out the window.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I am white so it is probably best I get my ass down the floor and play D but I wouldn't be able to help myself and do something. Since I am white a big salute is the first thing that comes to mind.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
I think Bowie and the rest of the guys are celebrating with each other, not taunting the opponent.

Having said that, here's mine:

marbles-o_zps8db5475a.gif

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
When I'm pissed off at someone when driving, rather than flip them off, I prefer the 'sarcastic thumbs up'. That's about as close to a taunt as I get, and hopefully it prevents me from getting shot while taunting opposing traffic.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Back in college, my friends talked endless smack.

Some that didn't involve profanity:
"Let me know if you want my autograph"
"You can touch my shirt if you'd like to know what greatness feels like"
"See, that's why your mom slept with me last night."
"Wow, you're really bad at this"
"You're making me look good. You know that, right?"

Any more, I'm very tongue-in-cheek while smack talking because I'm about 5% as competitive as I was and don't really care as much about winning. Not stupidly injuring myself seems to have filled that remaining 95%.

Reactions: Angie

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
When I'm pissed off at someone when driving, rather than flip them off, I prefer the 'sarcastic thumbs up'. That's about as close to a taunt as I get, and hopefully it prevents me from getting shot while taunting opposing traffic.

I'm a big fan of this. Whenever I do something accidentally that pisses someone else off and they honk at me (for example, having to force my way into a merge when someone won't let me in), I usually wave and smile like an idiot when they go by me. The message I'm trying to send is "that guy must be nuts."

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I was terrible at talking trash, but good at playing well when people talked **** to me. So if noone was saying anything I'd just put my head down and run back, if they were talking I'd just glare at them.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've never had an occasion to use it, but I love the Russell Westbrook "Don't Jump" taunt.