Well, how's it look going into "the dance" ...

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Wake looked bad. I think K-State's physicality got to them. I thought the reffing was a bit more touchy than we've seen in the B12, which was why there was such a huge foul differential. Also the reason KSU won, though. You've got some ballers. Stokes had the friendly rim going on, big time!
If West Virginia gets that set of officials in their game then they are 1 and done. That always seems to be the case...they don't get Big 12 officials and get bounced.

KState needs to get the 3-ball working against Cincy...believe that the inside game of both teams will cancel each other out. I'm still not set on Michigan...they had a huge emotional event going into the conference tourney. That game could be the first team to 90.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This makes the tournament so much fun, not knowing what to expect, like Wake's overall lack of athleticism and dreary, uninspired coaching.

I thought ND, Michigan and, particularly, Duke all finished strong. Thus, I see ND taking out WVU in the second game, Michigan thumping oSu out of the chute, and Duke in the final.

But because we really don't know how teams match-up until a few minutes into the game, it's really one big guess today, isn't it.

Nati and K-State will be a physical blood bath. First to 60 wins, methinks.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
This makes the tournament so much fun, not knowing what to expect, like Wake's overall lack of athleticism and dreary, uninspired coaching.

I thought ND, Michigan and, particularly, Duke all finished strong. Thus, I see ND taking out WVU in the second game, Michigan thumping oSu out of the chute, and Duke in the final.

But because we really don't know how teams match-up until a few minutes into the game, it's really one big guess today, isn't it.

Nati and K-State will be a physical blood bath. First to 60 wins, methinks.
Now that K-State is in the game for sure, I am seriously considering picking K-State over Cincy. I was thinking about it before hand, but wasn't sold on the 'cats. Their last 3 games they have played solid basketball that would keep them in most games.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Now that K-State is in the game for sure, I am seriously considering picking K-State over Cincy. I was thinking about it before hand, but wasn't sold on the 'cats. Their last 3 games they have played solid basketball that would keep them in most games.
D.J. is healthy. It makes all the difference. He's the engine that drives this little train.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Anyway, since ISU fan has remained silent on the game, I thought it appropriate to poke you in the ribs a bit about it this morning.

Beat Nevada!

Hey surly, we had a whole thread last night devoted to cheering on Naz's brother from the Mount and cheering on you guys, in addition to ******** about refs and announcers.

Congrats on the win.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
  1. Ku is well rested but maybe arrested?
  2. ISU is peeking at the right time and adding quality paint.
  3. WVU will create chaos for the guardless.
  4. Baylor has to get well at guard as tall won't do.
  5. oSu's Evans a huge problem if Pokes close late.
  6. K-State will be playing in, hopefully, the dance party.
Guessing three make the Sweet 16. Two the Elite 8. Tech and TCU should be in the NIT field.

Congrats to ISU for the conference championship. It was no surprise to anyone outside WV. See #2 above.

It's "peaking" not "peeking". Peaking means to reach their peak, or high point. Peeking means look quickly, sometimes in a sneaky manner.

Unless ISU is peeking around the curtain at someone and I'm unaware of it.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I just don't see WVU beating Notre Dame if they face each other. Notre Dame doesn't turn it over and is #1 in the country in FT %. As we've seen in the past, WVU gets called on fouls way more in the NCAAs than regular season. If that's the case, their goose is cooked.

Baylor could go to Final Four or lose to SMU. I have no idea what to pick. They haven't played well down the stretch so I picked them losing to Duke but I do think they probably lose to SMU.

OSU I just don't love as much as others. I can't wait for that game against Michigan as I think it will be really fun to watch and I want the Big 12 to beat the Big 10. I have no idea who wins that game. Regardless I don't see either beating Louisville and their size and defense.

KSU could beat Cincy if they played like they did last night. But nothing further than that.

I have KU losing to Miami. Just not feeling them.

ISU in FF losing to UNC.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I just don't see WVU beating Notre Dame if they face each other. Notre Dame doesn't turn it over and is #1 in the country in FT %. As we've seen in the past, WVU gets called on fouls way more in the NCAAs than regular season. If that's the case, their goose is cooked.

Baylor could go to Final Four or lose to SMU. I have no idea what to pick. They haven't played well down the stretch so I picked them losing to Duke but I do think they probably lose to SMU.

OSU I just don't love as much as others. I can't wait for that game against Michigan as I think it will be really fun to watch and I want the Big 12 to beat the Big 10. I have no idea who wins that game. Regardless I don't see either beating Louisville and their size and defense.

KSU could beat Cincy if they played like they did last night. But nothing further than that.

I have KU losing to Miami. Just not feeling them.

ISU in FF losing to UNC.

I have watched Notre Dame a lot this year and think they should beat WVa. However, two things concern me. Notre Dame does not have as many solid guys bringing up the ball as we do. Also, haven't seen anything to know if Bonzie was very injured against Duke. ND usually shoot FTs great but struggled with that down the stretch against Duke.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron