Lavar Ball

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
This guy is just absolutely delusional. Wants a 1 Billion dollar shoe deal for his kids and also said he could of kill Michael Jordan 1 on 1....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...jordan-billion-dollar-marketing-deal-for-sons

He played one season at Washington state and Avg 2.2 ppg 2.3 rpg and 1.0 Apg... Only shot 45% from the charity strip too.

This guy is nuts. Russillo and Kanell compared him to Kris Jenner/Kardashian

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
What an idiot. Lonzo Ball is really good for a college player, and no doubt his brothers will be good as well. But ask the casual basketball playing teenager who Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, and James Harden are, then ask him who Lonzo Ball is. There is the difference between a shoe deal.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
How high might I be to suggest that the trio of his kids could get that $1 Billion deal? I think at least two of his kids are great (no, not Lebron great, nor will they ever be, but we haven't talked about high school basketball players since Lebron) I definitely could see Nike being a company trying to put the three together.

I think the guy is crazy, I think UCLA more than likely is feeding him a ton of money for his kids, but he's so damn crazy that he's genius. Make dumb comments, attack people you know you have no business attacking, become popular, $$$.

Dudes insane. But he's rich.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
How high might I be to suggest that the trio of his kids could get that $1 Billion deal? I think at least two of his kids are great (no, not Lebron great, nor will they ever be, but we haven't talked about high school basketball players since Lebron) I definitely could see Nike being a company trying to put the three together.

I think the guy is crazy, I think UCLA more than likely is feeding him a ton of money for his kids, but he's so damn crazy that he's genius. Make dumb comments, attack people you know you have no business attacking, become popular, $$$.

Dudes insane. But he's rich.
Wait...you're talking about the just completed presidential election...right? Or not...

• Agree
Reactions: MNCyGuy

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Is this legit? If true, I need to change my brackets RIGHT NOW!

Edit: After a quick google search, I'm not too worried
I assume that's satire, but those quotes could have legitimately come out of that man's mouth. You can even buy one of his brand's t-shirts for $60. What a deal.
Haha, no it is not legit. But the fact that you even thought it could be true shows you something haha

Last edited:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I said in another thread that LaVar is the Trump of basketball, just spouts off outlandish crap.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
  • Agree
Reactions: Doc and srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
the Kardashians of sports. Their reality deal may build a brand, but a number of NBA players are dying to show his son the ropes, so to speak.
It's too bad because from all I can tell, Lonzo is a stand-up kid. Seems to be level-headed and doesn't talk ****, plays for his team it seems, and isn't outspoken like his dad. Lonzo Ball would be the perfect bball recruit if noone knew anything about his family.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Lavar is trash. He barely averaged 2 points at Washington state and later transferred to a D2 school to get playing time. I think i could even take him.

I'm not sure, seems like the type of guy who would call a travel every time you score on him 1v1

Lonzo is obviously talented and seems like a good kid. Hopefully his dad doesn't mess him up too bad.

• Funny
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I'm not sure, seems like the type of guy who would call a travel every time you score on him 1v1

Lonzo is obviously talented and seems like a good kid. Hopefully his dad doesn't mess him up too bad.
Haha that's funny you say that. Idk if you heard but he said since he was 260 he would back MJ down and then call a foul on MJ

• Funny
Reactions: digZ