Ladies Are a 9

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
KSU Drake will be a good one. So happy UNI women got in as an at large. Only team not in from the women's side in the is Iowa. LOL

Reactions: Buster28

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Good luck, Cyclones! Great accomplishment to make the dance. Take down the Orange!

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Ashamed I doubted. Excited for the team and coaches - time to start a new streak. Those returning will learn much. Beat Cuse!!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Great question. I thought they'd be an 8. Bizarre that Drake and UNI are both 10's...

Hell, I think I'd rather be a 10 than an 8 or a 9. Much more likely to get the upset in game 2.

Kansas State will be tough for Drake though.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Yeah, I am sure Geno fears us.
I think he will be ready for us, if he has as good a memory as his fans. I was in an elevator on a cruise ship wearing an ISU ball cap when a lady came in wearing a UConn Women's Basketball sweatshirt. I looked at her and asked if she followed women's basketball. She stared at me and said "I know who Iowa State is". We had no further conversation.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
ISU or Syracuse will trade their 8 and 9 for that 10. Just sayin'. ;)

They don't give the minors much respect until they prove they can play and win like #8 Green Bay has and that's about as good a seed as they will ever give them.
For a team that's ranked #20, being a #10 seed is still bizarre. That means they're a #37 overall seed at best. Wow.

• Agree
Reactions: gizzsdad

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think he will be ready for us, if he has as good a memory as his fans.
My memory is this: the last time we played UConn, they beat us by 40. And it wasn't that close. I don't think Fennelly is any more excited about going to Bridgeport than apparently Syracuse is...

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
I sure hope someone beats them. They've had close ones this year. They wouldn't be undefeated if they were in ACC, SEC, or Big 12. I sure hope Alex is ok at Baylor. Notre Dame is playing much better now than earlier.
Alexis Jones practiced with the team before the WV game and said her knee felt good enough to play. Coaches held her out for the NCAA tourney. Whether that was wise or not I don't know. If she comes back healthy and isn't rusty as so often is the case with injured ones, BU has as good of a chance as anyone to beat UConn. But better yet ,why don't the Sisters just take care of them for the rest of the field. That oughta make ten minutes worth of news on ESPN.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
For a team that's ranked #20, being a #10 seed is still bizarre. That means they're a #37 overall seed at best. Wow.

Drake must have had an idea it would be like that though, they were doing a lot of lobbying before the MVC.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Drake had a #26 rpi which would justify a 6/7. They may, understandably be disappointed by a 10/7 match-up with #24 rpi KSU at Manhattan. UNI finished at #52 and ISU was at #60. Syracuse was #31 rpi. The committee was not greatly influenced by rpi in seeding. We are blessed to be in with a winnable first game. When the dance is behind us, it will be interesting to speculate on the in-state balance if Jennie Baranczyk remains at Drake.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I sure hope someone beats them. They've had close ones this year. They wouldn't be undefeated if they were in ACC, SEC, or Big 12. I sure hope Alex is ok at Baylor. Notre Dame is playing much better now than earlier.

Their conference does really suck. At least they know that and they played a lot of P5 in non-conference with FSU, Baylor, South Carolina, LSU, DePaul, Texas, Notre Dame, KSU, Ohio State, Nebraska and Maryland. Only Nebraska isn't in the tournament. They have played and beaten the other #1 seeds already this season.

Last edited:

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Interesting that they put the two teams that played in the National Championship game in the same pod. UConn beat Syracuse 82-51 in the championship game last year.

Drake is a 10 because their schedule and the Valley outside of UNI was AWFUL! The highest RPI in the Valley outside Drake and UNI is 166. Drake has zero top 50 wins and of their 6 top 100 wins 3 were against UNI (52), vs Iowa (64), NIU (75) & Wyoming (99). Even though they won a lot of games it was not good competition. UNI getting in at all is more of a head scratcher, let alone being a 10 seed.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Drake had a #26 rpi which would justify a 6/7. They may, understandably be disappointed by a 10/7 match-up with #24 rpi KSU at Manhattan. UNI finished at #52 and ISU was at #60. Syracuse was #31 rpi. The committee was not greatly influenced by rpi in seeding. We are blessed to be in with a winnable first game. When the dance is behind us, it will be interesting to speculate on the in-state balance if Jennie Baranczyk remains at Drake.

No need unless they fire Bluder and hire her at Iowa. She going to be in line for a P5 job somewhere soon. Do not she her at Drake much longer.

I don't see Iowa dumping Bluder and Fennelly won't ever leave unless they hire his son so he's likely here for another 10 years or so.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron