Michigan plane crashes on takeoff to B1G Tourney- everyone uninjured

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Close...Detroit

Ypsilanti =/= Detroit. That's like saying Ann Arbor is Kabul because Detroit.

In fact, DTW is one of the nicest airports in America. Then again, it's not in Detroit, either - it's in Romulus, a rather nice area.

For the record, I'm not denying the Detroit/Kabul reference, because it's pretty accurate. Just saying there's a HUGE difference between Detroit and "Detroit".

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Sounds like the pilot tried to abort take-off after the point of no return (V1). Either he messed up big or he saw something pretty back on the gauges.

• Winner
Reactions: Zyklon

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
Is the kid who survived two plane crashes that killed his parents still a part of Michigan's program?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Is the kid who survived two plane crashes that killed his parents still a part of Michigan's program?

I think he got a medical. He just wasn't ever going to be able to do it physically. Man, I forgot about that.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Also, I'll pass on them in our bracket. Similar to us, they've really gotten it together.

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
I think he got a medical. He just wasn't ever going to be able to do it physically. Man, I forgot about that.
I think you are right that he got a medical, just wondered if he would still be a student assistant or involved some other way still.