ISU and LBolineperformance teaming up.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
So...is he like a coach-consultant? Will he stop in once a month and drill the guys? I don't really get it.
I think that will be part of it. Maybe have his own strength training that the OLINE will do instead of their normal stuff. I'm not sure what the NCAA would allow but maybe the OLINE unit go to Arizona in the summer to train in his facility?

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Official and exclusive consultant

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
So anyone know how this relationship works? Not sure the university can pay for a "consultant". Seems like it would be a way for teams to abuse the limit on number of coaches. Interesting.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

https://lbolineperformance.com/shop/customers/

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
This is huge in the development and future dominance of Tom Manning's offensive line units for years to come.

Check out @ISUMattCampbell's Tweet:

Check out @OLineWorld65's Tweet:

Check out @CoachTomManning's Tweet:

Check out @CycloneFB's Tweet:

I think it's interesting that you say it's a huge development, yet no one knows quite what this means exactly. Like the $EC and Bama had offensive consultants, this is ours?
All I know is he visited Ames a few weeks ago and did a talk. I remember the tweets.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Based on the client list posted above, it appears the exclusivity is on the other side of the agreement, meaning that we can only use his group rather than he can only consult with us. Seems kind of strange to me.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
I've followed him on social media for a while now and its not only former pro athletes that comment on his threads. There are comments from high school coaches and players all across it. If others are using his services then it's probably a good thing to get in as well.

He has the ears of high school coaches and players across the country. That alone is a good thing for recruiting, plus the upside of possible benefits of training.

Reactions: 3GenClone

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Next big thing that has already happened at many schools is having ex-special forces come in and go through a PC and abbreviated version of their training to stress team work.

For the record - I've been involved in many team building efforts and motivational speaker events and you get out of it what resonates with you. You may pick up only 1 or 2 things but so long as they mean something to YOU, it's not wasted time.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

Possibly an interesting distinction with this relationship compared to others? Then again, maybe Birch doesn't really have all the details like many (including me) here. I dunno.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron