WBB: Karissa McLaughlin decommits from Florida

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Wow, I watched McLaughlin play in the Indiana State Championship Game. She is a great player. She was relentless on offense. I would say McLaughlin and Wise are the two best players in the state of Indiana this year. If we could somehow get both, that would be unbelievable.

• Agree
Reactions: ISU71

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Interesting development though she states she "loves Florida." Can't have too many good guards. We have room on the roster.

Side note: mred is it possible to add number of open schollies by year and walk-ons on your WBB Roster spreadsheet?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
It sounds like Florida is willing to grant her a release, but only after they hire a new coach and McLaughlin meets with the coach. I think that's fair as long as they stick to it (and it doesn't take 3 months to find a coach).

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Side note: mred is it possible to add number of open schollies by year and walk-ons on your WBB Roster spreadsheet?

They are already there, sort of. Walk-ons are in rows 17-18 ("wo"). Rows 2-16 represent the 15 available scholarships, so for any given year you can just count the empty cells to see how many scholarships are available.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Here is some highlights from one game this season. I tried to find a link to the state championship game because she was super aggressive in that game, but I didn't find one. Her team won the 4A (biggest class) State Championship.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Here is some highlights from one game this season. I tried to find a link to the state championship game because she was super aggressive in that game, but I didn't find one. Her team won the 4A (biggest class) State Championship.

Woof, that was some awful defense. It was like they were not even trying. Looked it up and it was a 100 -17 game. Kinda sad but at least she didn't play the 4th quarter.

Gals got some range though, not many of those were hugging the line.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Karissa, you're going to like wearing cardinal and maize. Karma. There, just my two cents. Orange can make you look so pale.

Maize? I know, it's some sort of gold we call it, but for a state that produces much of the world's corn, I have no problem for wanting to call it maize!! Screw MIchigan.

Reactions: isu83