Iowa's TE Kittle ran faster 40 than Lazard. Should move to TE

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think Lazard runs around a 4.6 or 4.65

...looked it up out of curiosity. It's not totally complete but Jerry Rice was from 4.6-4.71.

I don't really care about Lazard's post-ISU career...too many variables to tell what happens. Really impressed with him sticking with the program with a less than great situation to begin with, and then staying with it in transition.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Thats the point.

Iowas's TE is faster than ISU's best receiver. Hence the logic that he should also put his hand on the ground . It is probably best for his future.

With his frame, he could carry the weight well and improve his draft stock. (Google "NFL draft" for details on this annual event)

I know its outside the box but if we can take our starting QB and convert him to LB, this certainly makes sense

Valuable NFL TEs don't put there hand on the ground you football ignorant dope.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
He should make a fine TE. Hope he gets drafted. (You know what the NFL draft is, right?)
images

Reactions: CyTwins

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Lazard is going to be a top WR in the college game this season (was last season as well). He obviously belongs as a WR at ISU in his senior season. Now, when he goes to the NFL and they decide that he's a TE, so be it. That said, I really fail to understand the point of this thread outside of it being a troll.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Lazard is going to be a top WR in the college game this season (was last season as well). He obviously belongs as a WR at ISU in his senior season. Now, when he goes to the NFL and they decide that he's a TE, so be it. That said, I really fail to understand the point of this thread outside of it being a troll.
That's just it. There isn't a point

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
If you think Jaleel's bp number is going to hurt his stock I think you're kidding yourself. There were like 25 OL at the 2015 combine who put up more reps than Scherff. Scherff went #5 overall. Combine is for NFL guys to look for standouts both good and bad, and then they go watch tape on those guys. Pretty sure if you asked ISU or Michigan O-linemen about Jaleel they'll tell you he's plenty strong. He'll go in the 3rd or 4th, at worst 5th. Guy's a beast, and Iowa has solid rep for DL.

Any comment on what North Dakota State's O-linemen would tell us?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The irony in this troll attempt is that if he were to make the NFL, KIttle would never play a down actually playing TE...a la Dallas Clark, that guy was a Hback/fullback, slot receiver at best. He never once "put his hand on the ground" or was asked to be a blocker in the run game. That would be Kittles role, he'd never see the field on a running down.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Mods please move this ****er to ISR or put it out of it's misery and reprimand the OP along with apologies to the entire CF community.

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
The irony in this troll attempt is that if he were to make the NFL, KIttle would never play a down actually playing TE...a la Dallas Clark, that guy was a Hback/fullback, slot receiver at best. He never once "put his hand on the ground" or was asked to be a blocker in the run game. That would be Kittles role, he'd never see the field on a running down.
What are you talking about? He put his hand on the ground a lot.

Reactions: HerkClone