SPRING NOTEBOOK: Lanning at LB, Campos update and more

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
Darius Lee-Campbell was moved to DB from WR, and started at QB. I like that the staff trying to make the most of its roster.

Reactions: The Rob Gray

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Any word on how Denver Johnson has recovered from injury? I thought I saw him on the board drill in the most recent video. He is another big, physical receiver. It may be hard for him to get playing time this year, but I love our depth at WR.

Last edited:

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Any word on how Denver Johnson has recovered from injury? I thought I saw him on the board drill in the most recent video. He is another big, physical receiver. It may be hard for him to get playing time this year, but I love I depth at WR.

You'd think he must be doing rather well to be involved in that drill. I believe Cotton-Moya was hanging out on the side in sweats, right?

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

CyBlitz

May 9, 2016
You'd think he must be doing rather well to be involved in that drill. I believe Cotton-Moya was hanging out on the side in sweats, right?
Probably still recovering from the surgery. Anyone hear of any other positions change?

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Any word on how Denver Johnson has recovered from injury? I thought I saw him on the board drill in the most recent video. He is another big, physical receiver. It may be hard for him to get playing time this year, but I love our depth at WR.
He hasn't been in the spring drill photos. He looks the part. No doubt about it.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
81 is a DB number? Is that within the rules? Since watching his h.s. videos, I've been a DLC fan, hope he can do his thing this fall.

Edit: 81 is WR number, so can't a DB wear that, too, as a non-lineman not required to play in the box? Or, they'll switch his number this fall.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
That's definitely him. I meant to say he HAS been in the spring photos, my mobile CyFan has been glitchy as heck when typing responses.

Gone from bad to worse. Noticing some issues on desktop as well, although none right now.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
81 is a DB number? Is that within the rules? Since watching his h.s. videos, I've been a DLC fan, hope he can do his thing this fall.

Edit: 81 is WR number, so can't a DB wear that, too, as a non-lineman not required to play in the box? Or, they'll switch his number this fall.

81 is Denver Johnson...a WR.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
So, who the heck is that monster (looks like he's wearing #83)? Golesh is right there, is that maybe Dylan Soehner?

Soehner is 89, so that could be him. A 9 may look like a 3 from that angle.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
The videos are a little misleading sometimes. They splice a lot of footage. Who starts out blocking may not be who finishes and yet it all looks like it is the same rep. Very good editing