• Total voters

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
This:
4609_iowa_state_cyclones-alternate-2008.png

and this:
mascot-fullbody.jpg

both suck. HARD!

I think this Modern Cyclone Logo is perfect. Simple, unique and recognizable.
Adding-Jack4.jpg

It should be added as a secondary logo and be used on tons of apparel as a compliment to the I-State logo.
EXACTLY!

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: k123 and DSM4Cy

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010
the "state" in "Istate" has always looked like a limp, droopy frown to me. Wish we could update the cyclone. Boss logo.

To me, the I-state logo looks like a classic college logo that has been around for 70 years which is why I like it. Some of the other ideas, especially "twirly cy" look like we are trying too hard to be cool. It's like comparing original NFL helmet designs like Chicago & Cleveland to new ones like Baltimore. Give me the old school look every time.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
To me, the I-state logo looks like a classic college logo that has been around for 70 years which is why I like it. Some of the other ideas, especially "twirly cy" look like we are trying too hard to be cool. It's like comparing original NFL helmet designs like Chicago & Cleveland to new ones like Baltimore. Give me the old school look every time.

For the most part I think folks here agree with you; this thread favors an old school logos revival campaign.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I voted yes for a change in the secondary logo. I like the I state but we should get rid of the blender bird and replace it will the twister logo.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
People who argue that we need to change our logo for branding purposes kill me. Consistency is what makes a recognizable brand. Im not saying the current logo is what we need, but change every 10 years will not lead to a well known brand either.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
People who argue that we need to change our logo for branding purposes kill me. Consistency is what makes a recognizable brand. Im not saying the current logo is what we need, but change every 10 years will not lead to a well known brand either.

I think that winning brings the most notoriety. Nobody cares what Gonzaga and Boise State's logos are.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I always thought this one looked like Cy was getting flushed down the toilet.
My Hawkeye Bro-in-Law is actually a pretty smart/logical guy and tries to be nice(!) His take on the Cardinal/Cyclone/Tornado logo and mascot is that it leads to confusion. I hate to say he's right but he shut up when the I-State logo came out. He can't find fault with it I think.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I like this one better than the walking Cy. Maybe get rid of the big I and incorporate the I state logo?

vintage-iowa-state-cyclone.gif

See- Cy isn't wearing shoes here!^^^

My Hawkeye Bro-in-Law is actually a pretty smart/logical guy and tries to be nice(!) His take on the Cardinal/Cyclone/Tornado logo and mascot is that it leads to confusion. I hate to say he's right but he shut up when the I-State logo came out. He can't find fault with it I think.

Does he give Alabama & Miami crap about their logos?

upload_2017-3-8_7-57-35.jpeg
12395a84a460e3ec9150769d8f46147f.jpg