Campaign for Cyclones Secondary logo and new outlook

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Change in Logo?

• yes

Votes: 69 27.4%
  • no

Votes: 183 72.6%

• Total voters

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
You are right. But we could something about alternative logos
Adding-Jack6.jpg

The spinning Cyclone with Cy's head is the nickname logo.

Reactions: IA_Cyclone70

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Also, I couldn't be more huge on old sport specific Cy, basketball Cy is my favorite. Mean, but approachable.

Old timers, is there a way to work Clone back into the mix?

I still love this one. I have an old plastic cup with all the sport specific Cys on it. Love that cup.

71364551974.gif

Also, this guy is dope and should be used for all throwback apparel:

t5Php0.jpg

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
This:
4609_iowa_state_cyclones-alternate-2008.png

and this:
mascot-fullbody.jpg

both suck. HARD!

I think this Modern Cyclone Logo is perfect. Simple, unique and recognizable.
Adding-Jack4.jpg

It should be added as a secondary logo and be used on tons of apparel as a compliment to the I-State logo.
Put that big beautiful cardinal tornado on a yellow helmet with a cardinal center stripe, STAT!!!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
His **** kickers have always bothered me. Birds don't need hiking boots- they have sharp talons. His chest logo needs to be updated as well. Any designers wanna take a crack @ updating ^this guy?^

vvvvvv Look at this sexy tornado helmet vvvvvv

I like it unchanged for an old school throwback feel. When you try to "update" things you get Bucky Cy.

My favorite ISU sweatshirt has good ole Walking Cy and I love it. It helps that it's the comfiest damn hoodie I've ever had.

Also, I love your sexy tornado helmet. I think the red cyclone would look tight on a gray helmet as well.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think this Modern Cyclone Logo is perfect. Simple, unique and recognizable.
Adding-Jack4.jpg

It should be added as a secondary logo and be used on tons of apparel as a compliment to the I-State logo.

I agree with a lot of others here. Bucky Cy sucks. Keep the I-State as the primary logo. Bring back the Walking Cy and use that and the modern tornado as secondary logos. I think that having different helmet decals will only help with the brand. They have a crapload of guys working in the equipment room. Should be no trouble changing out decals every week if necessary.

Last edited:

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
yea change, we have never had anything that sticks. leave it alone

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyke

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I agree with a lot of others here. Bucky Cy sucks. Keep the I-State as the primary logo. Bring back the Walking Cy and use that and the modern tornado as secondary logos. I think that having different helmet decals will only help with the brand.

The current football staff seems to like the modern cyclone as I've seen them in videos wearing gear with it on them. I think it would be perfect for an alternate helmet decal.