Seriously Leistikow?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
The ref didn't hear him call time out because Ellingson dribbled into the corner on the road in front of the Minnesota bench who was yelling jump ball. I don't know why people keep bringing up the Minnesota game but completely ignore Wisconsin getting screwed. The Minnesota game was just a change of possession, Wisconsin got screwed out of 3 points and lost by 2

What, is this serious?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Agree, I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. I'm not one of those guys. Just pointing out they missed two obvious calls happening right in front of a ref late in a game. Calls are missed all the time that I know.

They only missed one call that didn't even give Minnesota points

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Get me up to speed, the Minnesota game now counts as a win?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If Iowa would have won in Williams Arena, we would have finished in sole possession of 4th place in the conference and would have received a double bye in the B1G Tourney.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Iowa would have won in Williams Arena, we would have finished in sole possession of 4th place in the conference and would have received a double bye in the B1G Tourney.

Yeah I really wish Iowa State would have won at Texas

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Your trolling has really fallen off recently, I am kind of disappointed about it.

I'm not trolling, if we get that Texas game back I can sleep off my hangover Thursday morning in KC instead of getting up early to have to play Oklahoma State

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
This is what people say when trolling isn't effective....uh-huh.

How was I trolling? Iowa was literally 20 seconds and a missed timeout and/or out of bounds call from getting a double bye in the tourney and probably being in the tournament right now.

• Funny
Reactions: Bigman38

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Yeah, if they heard him call time out they would have given him the time out. Common sense stuff. Iowa hasn't gotten hosed by the refs since 1982

Exactly and if he would have "seen" the out of bounds as well it would have been nice. The guy clearly did an awful, awful job officiating that play.

Every team gets hosed by the refs every game, that is why I dont say it cost a team a game, because it never does and refs will always miss calls.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Exactly and if he would have "seen" the out of bounds as well it would have been nice. The guy clearly did an awful, awful job officiating that play.

Every team gets hosed by the refs every game, that is why I dont say it cost a team a game, because it never does and refs will always miss calls.

Missing an out of bounds play happens all the time. I can't think of one instance where a ref heard a player with possession call a timeout but then just refuse to give it to them because obviously they had money on the game or something. Put your tin foil hat away

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Just because the mic picked up the timeout doesn't mean that the ref heard it. But let's not disregard the fact there was more than 10 minutes still to play in the game with multiple chances still to win the game.
10 minutes left in the game? This is why I love reading takes over here.

Laughing-Histerically.gif

Reactions: HawkeyeMashup

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Missing an out of bounds play happens all the time. I can't think of one instance where a ref heard a player with possession call a timeout but then just refuse to give it to them because obviously they had money on the game or something. Put your tin foil hat away

You are giving excuses as to why the refs missed the call, not that they missed those calls. Like I said refs miss calls all the time and that ref did a really, really bad job officiating on that play. I'm glad you agree that they clearly misses both those calls.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You are giving excuses as to why the refs missed the call, not that they missed those calls. Like I said refs miss calls all the time and that ref did a really, really bad job officiating on that play. I'm glad you agree that they clearly misses both those calls.

They didn't miss a timeout call, I'm not sure where you are getting that

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
They didn't miss a timeout call, I'm not sure where you are getting that

Sorry they missed 3 calls. The TO that was clearly called. They out of bounds, and the foul while reaching around a player to grab the ball. A fourth missed call if you count the fact the ref didn't review a clear out of bound play with 20 seconds left in the game. Bad officiating right there.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Sorry they missed 3 calls. The TO that was clearly called. They out of bounds, and the foul while reaching around a player to grab the ball. A fourth missed call if you count the fact the ref didn't review a clear out of bound play with 20 seconds left in the game. Bad officiating right there.

No it wasn't. The ref couldn't see him or hear him so how was it clearly called? Geez some of you guys are dumb.

It wasn't reviewable. Lol cmon man