Change in Logo?

• yes

Votes: 69 27.4%
  • no

Votes: 183 72.6%

• Total voters

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
I came across this article and was excited about the changes that we could bring to our Cyclone Athletics...at least in logos and uniforms to gain wider recognition.

http://www.kagavi.com/adding-jack-trice-to-the-iowa-state-brand/

We need to bring back the 'Cyclone' logo to light again and use with current 'I' state logo and colors

Maybe I'm crazy but would see what other cyclones say on this

Please share your views and lets bring the change.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Adding-Jack15.jpg

Adding-Jack2.jpg

Last edited:

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Having lived out of state for 6+ years, both out west and out east, people everywhere who are interested in athletics and many just in academia recognize the I-State logo. Most want to chat about one of the academic programs or MBB, some about FB. We just changed it what, 9? 10? years ago. Brand recognition won't remain consistent if you keep changing it.

Was wearing an I-State logo'd hoodie at the gym today and walking toward the locker room ran into a guy in a VT hoodie (we're in New England). Had a cool little chat about the state of our wrestling programs. /coolstorybro

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
Having lived out of state for 6+ years, both out west and out east, people everywhere who are interested in athletics and many just in academia recognize the I-State logo. Most want to chat about one of the academic programs or MBB, some about FB. We just changed it what, 9? 10? years ago. Brand recognition won't remain consistent if you keep changing it.

Was wearing an I-State logo'd hoodie at the gym today and walking toward the locker room ran into a guy in a VT hoodie (we're in New England). Had a cool little chat about the state of our wrestling programs. /coolstorybro
I agree. Fans get used to it as the time goes. But some changes can bring excitement.

I am happy that you had chat with non-cyclones about us. keep promoting!:)

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
@CYber_saber gotcha. I misread your OP as wanting to replace I-State completely, not just add the tornado (like your avatar, I'm assuming?) as a secondary. I do like the tornado you have. Agree with others that the old Walking Cy is way better than the current one. Also like the old logo w/ the Cy that looks like Walking Cy leaning on the block I.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
People recognize my I State gear 10x more often in sports hating LA in 2017 on the other side of the country than they did my 2003 whirly bird gear in sports crazy Chicago right next door to Iowa.

It's not even close. Our brand identity and brand recognition are drastically better than it was a decade ago.

DrT

Nov 17, 2012
Mammoth Lakes, CA
upload_2017-3-5_17-48-32.png
Crossed with the CF Logo for simplicity
logo.png

Agree that the "branding" of the "I-State" logo really performed better than pretty much any in the past, but would like to see the "bird in a blender" tried again - only simpler, and streamlined, perhaps without the "Iowa State" lettering since it is contained in the "I State" logo already - as an auxilliary patch or something to tie Cy into the identity (as well as the cyclone/tornado).

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
509E5143-6190-467C-8022-8803FBD9C14B-3271-000006DBF88EC282_tmp.gif
View attachment 46835
Crossed with the CF Logo for simplicity
logo.png

Agree that the "branding" of the "I-State" logo really performed better than pretty much any in the past, but would like to see the "bird in a blender" tried again - only simpler, and streamlined, perhaps without the "Iowa State" lettering since it is contained in the "I State" logo already - as an auxilliary patch or something to tie Cy into the identity (as well as the cyclone/tornado).

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I loved the white helmet with the light gray tornado (from the posted website ideas), that look on a white jersey for basketball would be amazing. Like I literally only own one ISU piece of clothing right now but would buy multiples of that look instantly.

• Agree
Reactions: CYber_saber

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Also, I couldn't be more huge on old sport specific Cy, basketball Cy is my favorite. Mean, but approachable.

Old timers, is there a way to work Clone back into the mix?

Reactions: cyhiphopp