Big 12 Un-Coach of the Year

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
Bob Huggins. He will get my vote every year until he gets out of coaching. His brand of basketbrawl and profanity-laced bullying of the refs makes the sport truly unenjoyable!!
I understand what you are saying, that being said, I do not have a problem with it. If what he is doing is against the rules it is up to the officials to be consistent and make the calls.
Huggy has his teams play the same way each game, the Big 12 officials consistently do not make those calls, to me, that is not Huggy's fault.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Shaka. I forgot how much hype there was there.

Kinda stupid that they've got that record and likely the best players are gone.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
He's not the uncoach of the year but I think Chris Beard underachieved this year. He had almost the whole team returning from an NCAA tournament team from last year. They went 9-9 in the big 12 last year too. The dude is overrated.

I would place Beard second, having a decent core returning and finishing so much further below the 15-16 team.

I give Kruger a little slack because there was some injury involved, plus OU lost three 7-year veterans. ;)

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
Probably gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I look at what Kruger and Smart did this year and it makes me think that Prohm deserves a lot more credit than he gets. Yes, he had more back this year than those two, but those coaching "geniuses" go 10-21 and 11-19? I'll take Prohm's coaching job this year vs. either of those two coaching jobs.

isu83

May 5, 2010
He's not the uncoach of the year but I think Chris Beard underachieved this year. He had almost the whole team returning from an NCAA tournament team from last year. They went 9-9 in the big 12 last year too. The dude is overrated.
Beard doesn't eve compare to Tubby.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Probably gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I look at what Kruger and Smart did this year and it makes me think that Prohm deserves a lot more credit than he gets. Yes, he had more back this year than those two, but those coaching "geniuses" go 10-21 and 11-19? I'll take Prohm's coaching job this year vs. either of those two coaching jobs.
The only ones are going to hate you for that statement are the ones who actively look for any reason to dislike Prohm. Most rational fans would agree with your statement.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

For sure this year. We'll find out a lot about Prohm and his style, patience, and ability to coach up young players next year. Let's hope he's more like Kruger than Smart.

If anybody has Texas in the top half of the conference to start next year, I'm going to slap them. OU on the other hand, with Trae Young coming in, should be in the tournament, so probably top 5.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
This is how I think they'll be ranked pre season next year:
KU
WVU

Baylor
Oklahoma
TCU

Oklahoma St
Iowa St
Tech

Texas
KSt

Obviously a bunch of roster changes to come. This is figuring Motley, Evans, and Texas pros enter the draft.

• Funny
Reactions: isu2014 and surly

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006

Kruger vs Prohm this year isn't really fair. Oklahoma both lost more and had younger, less experienced replacements waiting in the wings. Also had a significant injury to deal with as well. A more interesting comparison will be if next year's ISU team is better than this year's OU team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would place Beard second, having a decent core returning and finishing so much further below the 15-16 team.

I give Kruger a little slack because there was some injury involved, plus OU lost three 7-year veterans. ;)

Kruger's teams looked well prepped but inexperience showed up.

I tried convincing myself that Texas was a good team with a bad record but looking back they didn't even look good when they beat ISU...ISU was just that bad that night.

You'd think someone like Self would have gotten them to at least a winning record.