Iowa State at West Virginia predictions.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Just curious what everybody's take is on this game.
I've got a similar feel about this game like the one at Allen Fieldhouse. We are due for a win in Morgantown.

Iowa State 86
West Virginia 83

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I think we are more than capable of beating West Virginia, but some things have to fall together for us to win, Huggy will try to intimidate us with the refs, and hacks. We need to keep our composure. We need to hit plenty of shots. We need to play some of the best defense of the year. We need to stop the penetration. I think it is going to be hard to put all that together, so I would have us getting beat by about 3 in a fairly high scoring game.

cyclone2001

Feb 26, 2012
It is to much to ask ISU to beat WVU on the road on their senior night, it is a very hard place to play. Burton and Naz are going to turnover the ball multiple times. Vegas has ISU as an 8 point underdog, which I think is right.
On to the big 12 tournament....

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I predict I will stay relaxed during the game since ISU is headed to the NCAA tourney, which was my general hope.

Just a prediction...

So are you not going to watch? The only time I stay relaxed when watching them is when we are up big and the game is about over.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So are you not going to watch? The only time I stay relaxed when watching them is when we are up big and the game is about over.

Ha, I can't even relax when I'm not able to due to games on ESPNU, etc.

The Tech game was a lot of 'WTF is going on?!' and pacing.

I'm going to do my best to be lassai-faire about it since it's not all that crucial but will likely fail and have two beers during the last two minutes (if it's close) like usual.

Maybe 3 because it's WV with the grabbing and the pushing.

Reactions: NWICY

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I really don't see ISU winning this one. WVU just has too many athletic guys that are allowed to play more physical than they should, thanks to Huggins constantly working the officials.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
It'll be all about weathering the storm. If we can keep our composure when WVU goes on their runs and keep grinding till the end we'll be in a position to win. They have built big leads before and lost because the other teams kept working and didn't wilt against their pressure.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really don't see ISU winning this one. WVU just has too many athletic guys that are allowed to play more physical than they should, thanks to Huggins constantly working the officials.

It's also thanks to WV fouling so much that the refs can't figure out when to call it.

Baylor does the same thing with their offensive rebounding.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Something funny I noticed as I went to record the game, most college basketball games get a 2 hour time slot on ESPN. It seems they finally learned that that's simply impossible for West Virginia to do, and gave our game a 2 1/2 hour time slot. Too bad they never figured that out when our game was following a WVU game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron