***Official 2018 ISU Football Recruiting Thread***

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Coach Campbell has an established record utilizing "smaller packaged" football players (Cory Jones at Toledo). This staff would like to do the same with Lamar H.S. (Texas) running back Ta'zhawn Henry. Here is his 2016 highlights. He is something else.

This kid, Jones, and Milton would make defenders look absolutely silly.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Coach Campbell has an established record utilizing "smaller packaged" football players (Cory Jones at Toledo). This staff would like to do the same with Lamar H.S. (Texas) running back Ta'zhawn Henry. Here is his 2016 highlights. He is something else.

I didn't watch the whole highlight video, but does that kid ever not score a touchdown when he gets the ball?

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
What about Alex Williams that was supposedly committed on the first couple of posts in this thread?

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Two points. Iowa State is definitely in the mix for Ta'zhawn Henry. And secondly, if you ever talk to an older Cyclone football fan and they mention a guy named Matt Blair, Will McDonald looks and plays alot llike Matt Blair did.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Is DE accurate? His weight is low for a linebacker, let alone a DE.
This was only his first year playing football. We will see if he can put on the weight or not. If he puts on 25 lbs or so in the next 9 month's we might have a hard time keeping him. 6'9 wingspan and is 6'5...that is a big frame

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
If he puts on 25 lbs or so in the next 9 month's we might have a hard time keeping him.

Gott dang, am I the only one here who gets so, so very tired of reading these iSu fan attitudes?

So old, so very tiresome, old, and passe now . . . unless one believes CMC and staff haven't made a difference and, therefore, there is no turnaround and, consequently, we're bound to lose our good commits because they didn't really want to come here.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon and Cyclad

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Gott dang, am I the only one here who gets so, so very tired of reading these iSu fan attitudes?

So old, so very tiresome, old, and passe now . . . unless one believes CMC and staff haven't made a difference and, therefore, there is no turnaround and, consequently, we're bound to lose our good commits because they didn't really want to come here.
This has nothing to do with that attitude. He is new to football. His recruitment would blow up if he gained that much weight...just facts that a kid who is 6'5 230-235 with a 6'9 wingspan and very good speed is going to draw some major attention...Not being able to admit that if an Alabama, oklahoma or ohio state offer it would be hard to keep him is what is annoying.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Not being able to admit that if an Alabama, oklahoma or ohio state offer it would be hard to keep him is what is annoying.

Let's agree to disagree while also annoying one another ;-)

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Let's agree to disagree while also annoying one another ;-)
If you can't admit that section then yes we will have to agree to disagree.

Trust me nobody has a higher opinion on the current coaching staff and direction of the program than I do. Some things are just facts however. I would love to get to the point where that isn't the case but it is a couple of seasons away still

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Some things are just facts however.

Fact? You cannot distinguish between fact and opinion?

You speculate that iSu might not be able to hold onto Will; speculation is not fact. In fact, your speculation that Will could be swayed away from iSu is poor speculation at that if you do not personally know the young man. If you do not know him, you are far removed from his thinking and the nature of his character.

"fact - a thing that is undisputedly the case"

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Dear Cy's,

Based on your site names and conversation, it's obvious to me that you are related or should be. Let's get together and have you two arm wrestle or mud wrestle [depending on interest] and see who is accurate. To me it's tit for tat now that we have an International Airport built just outside the campus. Anyway, if nothing else kissing cuzins may apply.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Fact? You cannot distinguish between fact and opinion?

You speculate that iSu might not be able to hold onto Will; speculation is not fact. In fact, your speculation that Will could be swayed away from iSu is poor speculation at that if you do not personally know the young man. If you do not know him, you are far removed from his thinking and the nature of his character.

"fact - a thing that is undisputedly the case"
First off I said "might have a hard time". I never even said we would lose him...that means there would be a higher chance We could lose him. Not that we would. Right now on 247 it shows his only other offer is from NM. If nobody else offered it would be much easier to keep him. Being his only power 5 offer and 1000 miles closer to home than the other would likely be more appealing. If he adds 10 offers from different blue bloods it is going to be harder...that is why the coaches have had to pay a little more attention in the past to different recruits.

Every situation with every kid is different. I will never pretend to know something about a specific recruit. I am just speaking generally here, generally the more offers to blue bloods a kid has the harder it will be to get them...I don't think it is a stretch at all to say that is a fact.

Rossmt

Sep 8, 2016
First off I said "might have a hard time". I never even said we would lose him...that means there would be a higher chance We could lose him. Not that we would. Right now on 247 it shows his only other offer is from NM. If nobody else offered it would be much easier to keep him. Being his only power 5 offer and 1000 miles closer to home than the other would likely be more appealing. If he adds 10 offers from different blue bloods it is going to be harder...that is why the coaches have had to pay a little more attention in the past to different recruits.

Every situation with every kid is different. I will never pretend to know something about a specific recruit. I am just speaking generally here, generally the more offers to blue bloods a kid has the harder it will be to get them...I don't think it is a stretch at all to say that is a fact.

I just wanted to hop in real quick to point something out. you're both very passionate ISU fans, which I can absolutely sympathize with. Neither of you has said anything that's really wrong or offensive.

That being said, CyValley, the dude isn't wrong. We've all been there and watched the recruits that we spent years working with, supporting, and wooing leave the second a big name throws out an offer. No it wont happen with every kid every time, but it is generally the most likely outcome.

CyFy, you know why CyValley reacted like that. It's not because of incorrect facts. He reacted like that because like so many of us he just wants to have one conversation about a future prospect where a fan doesn't immediately say something like "You need to stop getting excited because if he's THAT good then of course he'll end up somewhere else." I can appreciate the realism that you bring to the table, it really is good to have. But seriously, its a large scale sad problem with our fan base. People were talking about how good Campbell is and how long before he leaves.... during his first coaching season... If we the fans don't think we're good enough to deserve such a good coach or commit then how are we supposed to convince them??
Maybe I'm talking out my butt, but I feel like as a fanbase that we need to start believing that we're an awesome school that recruits, coaches, anyone would be lucky to represent.

• Friendly
Reactions: CyValley

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
This has nothing to do with that attitude. He is new to football. His recruitment would blow up if he gained that much weight...just facts that a kid who is 6'5 230-235 with a 6'9 wingspan and very good speed is going to draw some major attention...Not being able to admit that if an Alabama, oklahoma or ohio state offer it would be hard to keep him is what is annoying.

Matt Leo says hi!

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclad and CyBlitz

Help Support Us

Become a patron