HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
giphy-downsized-large.gif

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Today I learned...

Below is a pic of the crowd outside Hotel Texas in Dallas on November 22, 1963. They were hoping to catch a glimpse of JFK or hear him speak. The kid being hoisted up is an 8.5 year old Bill Paxton.

152217_v1_mobile.jpg

Reactions: Macloney

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Maybe im mistaken, but dont some CF'ers have some fun stories of Paxton when he was in Ames filming Twister?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
The wife and I had Titanic on last night and I remember thinking, "damn Paxton is a good actor"

RIP

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Sad news. One of the better character actors who was also strong enough to become a leading man in Hollywood.

I cannot remember for the life of me any real stinkers that he was in. Some of his movies, like "Twister", may have been mindless popcorn summer blockbuster type of movies, but at least they were entertaining.

I've mentioned it before on here, but one of my all-time favorite Bill Paxton movies is an underrated, little known gem of a psychological thriller called "Frailty". Holy sh!t is that a good movie. Also starred Matthew McConaughey and one of his "Tombstone" co-stars, Powers Boothe. It might be hard to find, but by all means make the effort to find it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Sad news. One of the better character actors who was also strong enough to become a leading man in Hollywood.

I cannot remember for the life of me any real stinkers that he was in. Some of his movies, like "Twister", may have been mindless popcorn summer blockbuster type of movies, but at least they were entertaining.

I've mentioned it before on here, but one of my all-time favorite Bill Paxton movies is an underrated, little known gem of a psychological thriller called "Frailty". Holy sh!t is that a good movie. Also starred Matthew McConaughey and one of his "Tombstone" co-stars, Powers Boothe. It might be hard to find, but by all means make the effort to find it.
And he directed it!

Reactions: Angie