NSCR: NASCAR FANS: Join our Cyclonefanatic Fox Sports NASCAR Fantasy Pool?

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Not really related but what do people think of the rule changes? I haven't kept track but I watched the duels last night and found out about this 5:00 clock rule. It seems like a bad idea. They seemed to suggest it would prevent teams from rushing out broken cars that would then take others out but I would think it does the opposite. I think teams rush to beat the clock and are more likely to put out a dangerous car.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Suggestion: if you can change your title, I would put the words "NASCAR fans" first. The long title means that it shows up on feeds with the words "Anyone want to start a"...fight? online game? Mafia game? :)

Reactions: IowaCYcler

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Not really related but what do people think of the rule changes? I haven't kept track but I watched the duels last night and found out about this 5:00 clock rule. It seems like a bad idea. They seemed to suggest it would prevent teams from rushing out broken cars that would then take others out but I would think it does the opposite. I think teams rush to beat the clock and are more likely to put out a dangerous car.

first I had heard and thought it was ridiculously short. I could see 20 or 30 being reasonable but 5 is so short. Hell, something easy like switching out an alternator could take that long just because it can be hard to get to. Or if they are having an issue that takes multiple stops (going back out to keep from losing laps) to diagnose.

Even something like if you go back out, and are still damaged enough that you drop parts or cause another caution, you'll be parked and/or docked points would probably have more of the desired effect of parking badly fixed cars.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

Honestly, I think its stupid. NASCAR is a dying sport unfortunately. France has almost singlehandedly killed NASCAR

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron