Mike Johnson - Arrested

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Yeah this isn't a good situation. I feel bad his girlfriend originally didn't want to contact authorities because he had a good thing going playing football, like that should have any influence. We'll see how it turns out I guess.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Wow, you know all the evidence by just reading a charge. You're good!

I guess it's like being charged with murdering your wife who is very much alive. I would think "with injury" was somewhat linked to the action - not just a guess. Don't think you need to be **** Tracy to think "with injury" involved some sort of injury to the alleged victim?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Pretty sad day when a man puts his hand on a women.

This is exactly where I am. Sure there can be circumstances where it is self defense, but unless she was of equal size or carrying a weapon I'm a little old-school in that women and children should always be protected.

I know no details but willing to wager the initial media reports are basically factual. I'm not grabbing any pitchforks though as I completely trust CMC to handle this as a man leading young men and not a guy trying to keep a guy in the line-up to win games at all costs.

• Agree
Reactions: CyInDFW

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
well duh, I know that as I have a lot African American friends that are not criminals or thugs and nobody is denying that fact of them being American, to me it becomes a race thing because most, I assume black kids, key words there is "most I assume" are not brought up in good homes because maybe daddy is in prison or just a loser hustler out there doing his own thing while mommy whom does not have a job/education and live on food stamps, is left to raise the kids in poverty stricken communities with lots of violence, so when the kids grow up seeing that, they think it is ok to put a hand on someone to hurt them. I don't know for sure and that is why in my initial post I spefically ask for the perspective from African American people on the site in an attempt gain some understanding/education on a lot of brothers with an opportunity on a silver plate screw up like that, granted everyone is raised differently, but the violence reported a lot always has to do with "brothers" out there. I think its more than just a "It's a stupid people thing" issue. There is definately more root cause to violence, so lets not deny that fact and label it as a I just a "stupid people thing".

I'm confused. If this is a black people problem like you are insinuating are you suggesting Campbell quit recruiting African Americans?

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Everyone slow down. The bottom line is that this players actions will be evaluated by the staff when all facts are in. The result will be either removal or a path back to the team requiring him to earn the trust of his teammates and the staff. No more, no less.

If he did indeed cause those injuries he should be gone. Unless she was beating him with a bat, there is no reason to choke her, cut her lip, bruise her cheek, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone11

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
This is exactly where I am. Sure there can be circumstances where it is self defense, but unless she was of equal size or carrying a weapon I'm a little old-school in that women and children should always be protected.

I know no details but willing to wager the initial media reports are basically factual. I'm not grabbing any pitchforks though as I completely trust CMC to handle this as a man leading young men and not a guy trying to keep a guy in the line-up to win games at all costs.

^ Agreed

Help Support Us

Become a patron