To all you that leave negative rep

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Don't hide behind the system, have the guts to put your screen name behind your comments when you leave any kind of rep. I do because if you agree or disagree with me I want you to IM me and debate with me your opinion. I think it's coward of someone to leave negative rep with a vague anonymous comment. It's the 1 thing I'd like to see change about the site is that it shows who left the negative rep so people aren't so loosely dishing it out.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I used to be on the fence about reputation, but now I think it should be removed entirely. It's just another status symbol.

jparker22

May 1, 2006
Ames
Trav I see why you would want it that way and in a mature world I would agree. But there are some posters that would go insane and badger tha others if they knew who gave them the neg rep. Just my opinion, I have given negative rep w/o my name but only to the unreasonable who are not listening to the other side of the arguement/debate. I would hate for them to have my name while they are still heated about their opinion.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm with you benjay! I speak my mind and try and set some guy straight on the facts and I get negative rep points. I mean get over it. Am I right.

You are one of the examples why the rep thing has flaws. New people that come here and post well-thought opinions get "flamed" sometimes because it's no the popular opinion. Granted I haven't read your posts yet but I know there are many like you in the same boat I'm sure.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm with you benjay! I speak my mind and try and set some guy straight on the facts and I get negative rep points. I mean get over it. Am I right.

Facts? You bashed a guy for posting his opinion and soliciation of comments...those aren't exactly facts. Am I right?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
You are one of the examples why the rep thing has flaws. New people that come here and post well-thought opinions get "flamed" sometimes because it's no the popular opinion. Granted I haven't read your posts yet but I know there are many like you in the same boat I'm sure.

Read his posts and you will know why his rep level is where it's at. :baffled5wh:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Trav I see why you would want it that way and in a mature world I would agree. But there are some posters that would go insane and badger tha others if they knew who gave them the neg rep. Just my opinion, I have given negative rep w/o my name but only to the unreasonable who are not listening to the other side of the arguement/debate. I would hate for them to have my name while they are still heated about their opinion.

Good point. I see both sides to it. I just get irked because while I know that sometimes I may have opinions that people don't agree with I get some nasty comments on them and they "hide" behind the system basically so I don't even get a chance to debate/defend my post.

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
And I guess there is a rule that we can not talk about the number of rep points but all of this debate is allowed. Is this posted somewhere? Or is it a moderator with a little too much power?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Read his posts and you will know why his rep level is where it's at. :baffled5wh:

Maybe a specific one? Most of them seem pretty short and too the point and I don't see anything wrong with that. At least the first few ones I pulled up all seemed that way.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
And I guess there is a rule that we can not talk about the number of rep points but all of this debate is allowed. Is this posted somewhere? Or is it a moderator with a little too much power?

I didn't know there was a rule that we couldn't talk about number of rep points?

isumellie

May 18, 2006
Waukee, IA
I got negative rep and the only comment was that I should not bring up rep levels.

All I said was that he had only 19 post but over -400 rep so I pointed out that it should be an indication of what everyone thinks about his posts.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I got negative rep and the only comment was that I should not bring up rep levels.

All I said was that he had only 19 post but over -400 rep so I pointed out that it should be an indication of what everyone thinks about his posts.

Here's some positive rep. :) Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron