Mike Johnson - Arrested

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
L

LincolnWay187

What is weird about my post? Is asking questions that I do not understand weird?

No disrespect, but Most people don't want to touch/discuss racial issues with a 10 foot pole these days, especially in a forum about sports man. Sports are a form of escape from the real world that we can all enjoy. While I have my thoughts I'll save those for another time and place.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Lol, I love you most of you hate facts, i just asked questions, What did I hurt your little feelings when I talked about how I was raised? Well too bad, I'm proud of the way my single mother raised me, atleast I never hurt anybody somebody as Mike Johnson or or try to shoot up those stupid black kids that did the shootings on the weekend.
Nope didn't hurt my feelings it just doesn't have anything to do with Mike Johnson being arrested or the shooting on campus. I'm happy for you that you're proud of how you were raised but it's weird that you felt the need to cram it in and use it to make a point about African Americans. I'm just really struggling to see the point of your post. To me it comes across as you stroking your ego.

• Dislike
Reactions: Joel1 and ISUKing

Cyclone11

Aug 29, 2016
Nope didn't hurt my feelings it just doesn't have anything to do with Mike Johnson being arrested or the shooting on campus. I'm happy for you that you're proud of how you were raised but it's weird that you felt the need to cram it in and use it to make a point about African Americans. I'm just really struggling to see the point of your post. To me it comes across as you stroking your ego.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I did that mainly to demostrate the environment I was raised in(not for my "ego") as you put it and use that to get some answers from some African Americans on here to educate me on how they are raised so maybe I can understand why many, not all african Americans(and yes I know there are alot of bad white dudes out there), men especially prefer throwing their lives out when they have way better opportunities than say a kid like myself that grew up in an African environment were you can't even get a free education for example. If you ready my post with a free unbiased attitude(assuming you're one of those that hate my posts,which I could care less), then you would have understood my post...point is many of you hate my posts here because I call it as it is with no apologies whatsoever..atleast I believe that. So I tried to relate this to Mike Johnson and others because I have quetions as to why I see crimes committed when these guys have the best opportunities to be somebody better in their lives for themselves and their families. Again, no egoes on my part, just asking questions from those that might have answers.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
http://whotv.com/2017/02/23/iowa-state-football-player-facing-domestic-assault-charge/

The criminal complaint says officers with the Iowa State Police were called to 3522 Frederiksen Court on a fight shortly after 1:15 a.m. Thursday. When they arrived they spoke with Johnson and his girlfriend. The two told officers an argument over social media posts escalated into a physical altercation after each of them broke the others’ cell phone.

Johnson’s girlfriend told officers he tried to strangle her during the fight.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I did that mainly to demostrate the environment I was raised in(not for my "ego") as you put it and use that to get some answers from some African Americans on here to educate me on how they are raised so maybe I can understand why many, not all african Americans(and yes I know there are alot of bad white dudes out there), men especially prefer throwing their lives out when they have way better opportunities than say a kid like myself that grew up in an African environment were you can't even get a free education for example. If you ready my post with a free unbiased attitude(assuming you're one of those that hate my posts,which I could care less), then you would have understood my post...point is many of you hate my posts here because I call it as it is with no apologies whatsoever..atleast I believe that. So I tried to relate this to Mike Johnson and others because I have quetions as to why I see crimes committed when these guys have the best opportunities to be somebody better in their lives for themselves and their families. Again, no egoes on my part, just asking questions from those that might have answers.
You do realize that most black kids aren't natively from Africa, right? A large, large portion of them of born in this country. They are just as American as anyone else.

And stuff like this isn't a "race" thing. It's a stupid people thing.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Campbell's statement:
C5W1cFQUcAApq-E.jpg:large

Of course, it sounds bad and probably is. However, let's not just applaud Campbell's reference to "zero tolerance." Let's also take seriously his statement of "as we gather more information" and "once we gain more facts." So far, it sounds like officers are responding to interviews at the time of the police call. There may be much more (or less) to this story. Let's not act like we already know things we don't.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

Cyclone11

Aug 29, 2016
You do realize that most black kids aren't natively from Africa, right? A large, large portion of them of born in this country. They are just as American as anyone else.
And stuff like this isn't a "race" thing. It's a stupid people thing.
well duh, I know that as I have a lot African American friends that are not criminals or thugs and nobody is denying that fact of them being American, to me it becomes a race thing because most, I assume black kids, key words there is "most I assume" are not brought up in good homes because maybe daddy is in prison or just a loser hustler out there doing his own thing while mommy whom does not have a job/education and live on food stamps, is left to raise the kids in poverty stricken communities with lots of violence, so when the kids grow up seeing that, they think it is ok to put a hand on someone to hurt them. I don't know for sure and that is why in my initial post I spefically ask for the perspective from African American people on the site in an attempt gain some understanding/education on a lot of brothers with an opportunity on a silver plate screw up like that, granted everyone is raised differently, but the violence reported a lot always has to do with "brothers" out there. I think its more than just a "It's a stupid people thing" issue. There is definately more root cause to violence, so lets not deny that fact and label it as a I just a "stupid people thing".

• Disagree
Reactions: CascadiaClone

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Everyone slow down. The bottom line is that this players actions will be evaluated by the staff when all facts are in. The result will be either removal or a path back to the team requiring him to earn the trust of his teammates and the staff. No more, no less.