Replica Jerseys

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I refuse to pay the 20-30% "Scheels" tax. I don't know how the people that work there can sleep at night.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Can we elaborate on this?

Not sure about we, but I can.

Have you ever been to Scheels? The prices are easily 20%-30% more than they should be, sometimes higher.

Hence my clever "Scheels Tax" line.

babsnb

Apr 11, 2006
TJMaxx in Ankeny had them for $25 a couple weeks ago.
All number 4. Might want to call ahead to make sure they still have them in stock.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Not sure about we, but I can.

Have you ever been to Scheels? The prices are easily 20%-30% more than they should be, sometimes higher.

Hence my clever "Scheels Tax" line.

The Scheel's prices are essentially the same as you will find online for the new gear (Cy's Lockeroom)

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Alright, you got me. I have some personal vendetta against Scheels. Their prices are VERY reasonable.

OH WAIT...someone else saw them for $25 somewhere else.

I am not sure anyone who has actually been to a Scheels before and looked at $40 T-shirts etc could say their prices are reasonable.

I just realized I am arguing about prices at a sports store....

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Scheels seems to be about the same prices as everywhere else I want to buy stuff - The UBS, any stores in Ankeny, online, etc. I haven't found their prices to be any different than anywhere else but I don't look that hard either.

I generally just buy the Nike/Tailgate stuff and that stuff is expensive regardless of where you go, including Cyclones.com.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
I would say that Scheel's does have some items marked up way too much. The replica jersey at Scheel's for $60 is not one of them, same price as Cy's locker room. Also the replica jersey's mentioned at TJ Maxx were the throwbacks from last year's ISU vs. EIU game. Take it for what it's worth. Still a great jersey, but not the new one.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Alright, you got me. I have some personal vendetta against Scheels. Their prices are VERY reasonable.

I am not sure anyone who has actually been to a Scheels before and looked at $40 T-shirts etc could say their prices are reasonable.

I can concur that the prices do see a bit hight, but $60 for a replica jersey seems to be the average price these days. But I understand that in general, their store seems to be a bit on the high side when it comes to certain things.

I will say, I'm not overly impressed by the jersey's. Those of you who've tailgated with me last year, or as shown in some of the tailgate photos know that I got the throw back replica last year, and to me personally looks far, far better than the new ones. I mean, they don't even have Iowa State across the chest, they really are pathetic looking, and in my opinion don't deserve the $60 they're listed for. Besides, the color looks way more maroon to me than it should be. Definitely not a cardinal color.

EDIT: I also realize that the throwbacks last year are not consider the "new" ones, but they match the away jersey's which I think look better anyway, and actually look like they have better detail to them.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006

I'm about 99% sure that the jersey at Scheels is the Nike Replica and the Jersey at TJMAx or wherever is a cheap knock off.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Thanks everyone.

I will be going to Scheels over lunch.

The 'throwback' I bidded on last fall just doesn't fit me right. :dull:

Help Support Us

Become a patron