It really is a Cyclone state

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
A couple of things

1) what the hell is up with Lyon county?

2) I think they're confusing majority with plurality on the map legend

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Agreed.

Sincerely,

Carver College of Medicine
University of Iowa College of Dentistry
University of Iowa College of Law
Iowa Writer's Workshop (Best in the Nation)

No. I'm not saying the U of I is a bad school. I'm saying that the board is talking about the number of Iowa kids attending Iowa State total a greater number than the other in-state universities. It was a counter to your sarcastic post. More Iowa high school and community college students choose ISU.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Agreed.

Sincerely,

Only took to post #10 in the thread for someone to deflect from the meaning of the graphic posted in the OP. Pretty sure there aren't any freshly minted HS grads enrolling directly into the programs you've mentioned (which are good programs, BTW; as is ISU's professional degree program in Vet Med)

Reactions: CycoCyclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Agreed.

Sincerely,

200w.gif

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
No. I'm not saying the U of I is a bad school. I'm saying that the board is talking about the number of Iowa kids attending Iowa State total a greater number than the other in-state universities. It was a counter to your sarcastic post. More Iowa high school and community college students choose ISU.

Congrats?

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
A couple of things

1) what the hell is up with Lyon county?

2) I think they're confusing majority with plurality on the map legend

Lyon County....small population and pretty sure if someone dug into the stats they would find most kids choosing a 4 year ed. head to South Dakota State or the small 4 year colleges in Sioux Falls. Also some "different" religious denominations up there that don't stress post high education.