Shooting in Campustown last night, 3 injured

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I think you are thinking of Club Element. It has changed hands a couple times since. Now it is called AJ's Ultra Lounge. My sister who's in school now says any respectable person avoids it like the plague.

Your sister is right. The scene is incredibly trashy. The few times I've been there there's been some fight picked.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I think you are thinking of Club Element. It has changed hands a couple times since. Now it is called AJ's Ultra Lounge. My sister who's in school now says any respectable person avoids it like the plague.
I think the shooting was more by insomnia and Welch ave station not AJs.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Looks like they were arrested in Fort Dodge at Iowa Central Comm College:
Fort Dodge Webster County Scanner
1 hr

*POST DELAYED FOR OFFICER SAFETY*

Fort Dodge Police have served a warrant at the Iowa Central Community College dorms. The dorm in question was cleared floor by floor. Multiple people were arrested. This seems to be related to the Shooting in Ames late last night, and the shooting victims at the ER early this morning.

Admin Edit:

The scanner audio archive from last night has been reviewed, and it appears that there were no shots fired in Fort Dodge / Webster County. The incident happened in Ames, and the suspects fled Ames and were found in Fort Dodge.

Last edited:

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
They must have been pretty angry, drunk, and stupid to fire into a crowd over a fight. Hopefully they serve major time.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
I will be curious to see if the shooters are actual students or not. Hopefully somebody turns them in.

Pretty amazing they got away in a town the size of Ames. I got hit by a car while walking down Lincoln Way a couple years ago and there were probably 5 police cars there within 2 minutes or so. Usually cops in Ames swarm Campustown if something like this happens, crazy that they got away.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I will be curious to see if the shooters are actual students or not. Hopefully somebody turns them in.

Pretty amazing they got away in a town the size of Ames. I got hit by a car while walking down Lincoln Way a couple years ago and there were probably 5 police cars there within 2 minutes or so. Usually cops in Ames swarm Campustown if something like this happens, crazy that they got away.

It appears they were likely already arrested in Fort Dodge, potentially Iowa Central students

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

This sounds like an incident in which all of the cops were already on the scene and out of their cars, so they couldn't keep up with someone who fired shots and was already driving away.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
This sounds like an incident in which all of the cops were already on the scene and out of their cars, so they couldn't keep up with someone who fired shots and was already driving away.

Plus my guess is, they had a pretty solid description of the car and probably even the suspects, from witness reports at the scene, and from the bar incident. Really no point for a high speed chase with a car that has guns, and obviously not afraid to shoot in the direction of police.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Ouch. This appears to be yet another instance of students from other colleges and universities descending on campustown when the weather warms up and causing trouble.

Unfortunately, I don't see a lot ISU that can do to combat this.