What is your favorite ISU sport?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

What's your favorite ISU sport?

• Total voters

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What is your favorite ISU sport to watch? I'm posting the most common ones (including the popular club sports), but let me know if we should add any.

I am personally a big men's basketball fan. I love football, but I personally don't know as much about it since it's a sport I've never played - it's harder for me to get into some of the more intricate parts of the game, so I don't post much about it.

Reactions: zumbro clones

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Hey Angie - why don't you have TENNIS on this poll? That's the "other" that I voted for.

Geez - I'm sorry! I'll go add it and see if I can move your vote to it.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I would have to say MBB, mainly because of our past success there. After that wrestling then WBB. Football will be back up there once we have a little more success.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
It's too bad that you can't pick two. I had a heck of a time deciding between football and MBB, with BF's squads a very close third.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Given the recent discussions, one would figure that Tailgating is the #1 sport at ISU -- by a wide margin.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Hockey is dollar for dollar the best value and most fun you can have watching Iowa State sports. Not only are they good, but you can drink at the games because it's a club sport. Not that I need alcohol to enjoy my ISU sports, but sometimes it helps.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Women's mud wrestling. Ok, maybe that was just a rainy night my freshman year...:biglaugh:

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I love football, but I love women's basketball as well.

As a family, we lean toward women's basketball.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Given the recent discussions, one would figure that Tailgating is the #1 sport at ISU -- by a wide margin.

Angie's first question in her initial posting was"What is your favorite ISU sport to watch?"

Favorite sport and favorite sport to watch can easily be different choices.

Reactions: Angie

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
When Hilton is rocking, there's nothing better.

It's like electric dynamite.

Id agree. Except I haven't been to a game in a long time at Hilton that was sold out to the brim and rocking like crazy.

Dont get me wrong.. good crowds.. but not that special edge we would have over any other full stadium.

JTS environment continues to get better and better as well. Winning= good environments. The obvious. Hopefully this year continues to see more wins!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
When Hilton is rocking, there's nothing better.

It's like electric dynamite.

For some reason, Hilton always feels more like a community to me - everyone seems to react as one. It might just be that everyone is in much closer proximity, but I think Hilton Magic has a lot to do with it. Listening to the entire crowd do the "Left, right" chant when someone fouls out kills me every time.