FAWcast: Episode 114

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Thanks for putting the poll up along with the podcast CW. Freaking hack.

I just gotta say, that @AdamJGray had a drop the mic moment when you called out CW for his "I've seen this too many times before" comments. That was awesome.

Good podcast.

I also love Larry. I don't understand the difference between the BF situation with the lady Cyclones and the current LE controversy. In my mind there is no difference. Do you think that BF has never punted a basketball, or called somebody a name in the heat of the moment? I really, really, really, doubt it. It is what it is. I really don't care what BF says to his players to get them to do what he thinks they need to do to win games. Same for Larry. He actually won games.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
OPTION A
---
Redshirt Georges, let Nader score 25+ PPG last year
Have him this year to pair with our deeper roster and Solomon Young

OPTION B
---
Healthy Naz last season to play with Georges, McKay, and Nader
Max Bielfeldt transfers to Iowa State to offer some critical post depth
Suddenly your 5-6 man rotation is a 7-8 man one

Which ends up better and where do they end up?

I still think they should have red-shirted Diante Garrett during Fred's first year.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I still think they should have red-shirted Diante Garrett during Fred's first year.

That would have been awesome. He was so much better under Hoiberg. That Royce team didn't have a point guard and they were still good.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
OPTION A
---
Interesting. Yet somehow, I think without Freshman Georges, that 12-13 team misses the NCAA's and we wouldn't have our streak....but maybe we'd have the Mayor? Mind blown.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Hard to redshirt a senior but yes it would have great if we could have with DG. I still think he was one of the most underrated Cyclones. He averaged 17 and 7 his senior year with a supporting cast that wasn't very good. Who on that team would have started for this team? Freshmen year Ejim probably?

Anyway you team him up with Allen, Royce, Babb and that team would have been a 3-4 seed instead of an 8 IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: kilroy

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I just gotta say, that @AdamJGray had a drop the mic moment when you called out CW for his "I've seen this too many times before" comments. That was awesome.

Good podcast.

I also love Larry. I don't understand the difference between the BF situation with the lady Cyclones and the current LE controversy. In my mind there is no difference. Do you think that BF has never punted a basketball, or called somebody a name in the heat of the moment? I really, really, really, doubt it. It is what it is. I really don't care what BF says to his players to get them to do what he thinks they need to do to win games. Same for Larry. He actually won games.

Not really. I have a ton of experiences in my personal life. Friends. Family. etc. I'm not going to put those people on blast publicly. People calling into my radio show. My three years of covering prep sports. My 15 years of covering recruiting. My relationships with AAU coaches across the state. My relationships with D-1, D-2 and D-3 coaches from throughout my career. What's funny is a very prominent D-3 head coach in the state actually texted me to tell me I was right after hearing this yesterday.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
OPTION A
---
Have him this year to pair with our deeper roster and Solomon Young

OPTION B
---
Healthy Naz last season to play with Georges, McKay, and Nader
Max Bielfeldt transfers to Iowa State to offer some critical post depth
Suddenly your 5-6 man rotation is a 7-8 man one

Which ends up better and where do they end up?

The player has to agree to that. And I think it was important for Fred to show what he can do for players. Maybe they don't get Niang or some of the other transfers if Garrett hadn't played and they didn't at least appear to be better under Fred. They might have won 2 games without Garrett.