Larry Eustachy Investigation

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Thats too bad. Was hoping to see him again in Hilton one day...

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Anyone notice how Larry is starting to look like Dr. Evil. Shave his head, give him a scar and put him in a grey suit with a hairless cat in his lap and it's a dead ringer...

636227722223898249-041312-eustachy-02-spt-VRH.jpg

acody

Nov 25, 2006
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...etball-larry-eustachy-investigation/97949522/

I feel like this is digging up things that don't need to be brought up since he apparently has improved the behavior described. I also think that the complaints are similar to what we would hear with Fennelly.[/QUOTE''

Not good. Apparently not drinking did not stop his intimidating coaching behavior. I'd like to call it "old school", but that's an excuse for being Bobby Knight. Any school that hires a coach today, has to do a background check to flush out this behavior. It just is not acceptable in any workplace today.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I'm glad that he was able to fix his personal life, but it appears he never fixed his anger issues. The last few years I've heard about some of his explosions while at ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Architect

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Fiery tempers often come with good basketball coaches, just part of the competitive nature. However, the era when that was perfectly acceptable is fast coming to a close for better or worse.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I still have my black Addidas mock-turtleneck. LE probably will always have these types of problems, but that run with Fizer and Tinsley was something I will always appreciate.

Reactions: The_Architect

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I read the story and I have to agree with the OP.

LE is a hard coach,often too hard.

But this is a story based on private personnel records on a matter the university handled three years ago. That isn't very fair to him.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Hope LE has gotten the anger under control. He's obviously a great coach who has had issues consume him in the past.

First time I had heard LE payed ISU players to make free throws......

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: isutrevman

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
It is too bad he hasnt overcome the anger issues thats for sure. I think we all got the idea it was his MO when at ISU (Paul Shirley book highlighted that). It blows my mind that we still have some yahoos on this website that think that behavior is acceptable and want our head coaches to be irate all the time. Heck Ive seen coaches like that at the hs level on the eastern side of the state and am shocked the schools havent booted them as well.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Anyone notice how Larry is starting to look like Dr. Evil. Shave his head, give him a scar and put him in a grey suit with a hairless cat in his lap and it's a dead ringer...

636227722223898249-041312-eustachy-02-spt-VRH.jpg

They called him Doctor Doom back in the day...

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
LE losing his ****? Color me shocked.

Those things seem to be ingrained in his personality and apparently are part of a task-mater approach to coaching. Hope the anger-management mandate since that period is helping.

I don't want to comment beyond that, because it'll get into armchair-psychology speculation.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
The Coloradoan is a hack rag of a newspaper - Gannett - just like CR Gazette.

He has kept himself completely clean in the community and professionally. I have sat behind him at basketball games at both ISU and CSU and hearing what he is willing to say in public, I can only imagine what he says in practice/locker room.

The bigger story here is what happened to the 3 scholly players that are ineligible because they didn't get the support they needed to get through coursework. That was the universities fault (there is an article on it out there somewhere). What isn't talked about is the support they are still getting from Eustachy.

I suppose he is the next generation Bobby Knight.

All I know is I am impressed as hell that he is cleaning up right now in the MWC with 7 players of which 4 are underclassmen. Must not have scared off the tough kids.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron