Day to rejoice....Bruce is stepping down at end of term

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well it would be nice to get a pro ISU guy in there. Wonder if he is going to expand Summit Ag into China?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Rasteteir was one of the most pro-isu BOR presidents i can recall. Granted that bar was pretty low.

• Funny
Reactions: kilroy

farcyted

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Lots of ignorance and partisanship on this thread. Leath has been a good to great President and has done some great things to secure ISU's future as a largest and best state school in the State for the foreseeable future.

Rastetter was the driving force to change the outdated and unfair 30 year old funding formula for the 3 state universities, which would have reduced Iowa's share and given it to ISU and UNI. He could not overcome the lobbying efforts within the state legislature however.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Rasteteir was one of the most pro-isu BOR presidents i can recall. Granted that bar was pretty low.
Lots of bad info here. Branstad needed ISU to advance his efforts and he gave ISU and Leath more freedom than ever before. Since his return to office, Branstad was VERY pro ISU. The idea of reallocating $$$ based on Iowa students helped ISU and Branstad was at the center of the proposal. Other than tuition, he has done much to help us in this second run as our leader in Iowa. (note- I am not a Branstad guy, I don't dislike him either)

Bruce followed the Branstad platform to the fullest and ISU has done quite well because of his support of Leath.

Frankly, you should be VERY worried the the replacement is not as pro ISU and Bruce was in his actions. I know he was a Hok but he always did what was good for ISU.

As for Leath, you really don't want him to leave. Just look to the east at the past few presidents that they have had. You want to keep Dr. Leath for another 10-15 years. Your next president may not be pro athletics like this president is.

Trust me, this script can flip in a heartbeat and I am very worried about how we replace Bruce because it could be a full- fledged Hok

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Lots of bad info here. Branstad needed ISU to advance his efforts and he gave ISU and Leath more freedom than ever before. Since his return to office, Branstad was VERY pro ISU. The idea of reallocating $$$ based on Iowa students helped ISU and Branstad was at the center of the proposal. Other than tuition, he has done much to help us in this second run as our leader in Iowa. (note- I am not a Branstad guy, I don't dislike him either)

Bruce followed the Branstad platform to the fullest and ISU has done quite well because of his support of Leath.

Frankly, you should be VERY worried the the replacement is not as pro ISU and Bruce was in his actions. I know he was a Hok but he always did what was good for ISU.

As for Leath, you really don't want him to leave. Just look to the east at the past few presidents that they have had. You want to keep Dr. Leath for another 10-15 years. Your next president may not be pro athletics like this president is.

Trust me, this script can flip in a heartbeat and I am very worried about how we replace Bruce because it could be a full- fledged Hok

This. Folks should be more careful in what they ask for.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Leath has been terrible from an aviation insurance perspective. His sense of entitlement is grating.
Then by all means- go ahead and hire your next Gordon Eaton. I am willing to put up with this nonsense (which is over in the eyes of everyone but the DSM Register).

It is a key time for ISU's future, we have a visionary leader (sure, he has flaws) and the largest, most ambitious campaign that ISU has ever embarked on. You are either part of the problem right now or part of the solution. I cannot begin to speak of what the possibilities are if this campaign is realized. I cannot begin to tell you what the campaign means to ISU athletics.

Overlook that flaw- I encourage you

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Then by all means- go ahead and hire your next Gordon Eaton. I am willing to put up with this nonsense (which is over in the eyes of everyone but the DSM Register).

It is a key time for ISU's future, we have a visionary leader (sure, he has flaws) and the largest, most ambitious campaign that ISU has ever embarked on. You are either part of the problem right now or part of the solution. I cannot begin to speak of what the possibilities are if this campaign is realized. I cannot begin to tell you what the campaign means to ISU athletics.

Overlook that flaw- I encourage you

I could be wrong, but I suspect that most anti-Leath folks only know of Jischke as a name on a building.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
For anyone that still supports Leath you have seen the legal and ethical issues he has had. There's the plane stuff, Bubu stuff, and other arguably unpopular stuff. While I do think he has been good for Iowa State in the general aspects of his job I think he has been a bit shortsighted in we need infrastructure to serve all of the increased growth.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I am not sorry to see the Rat go.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Sherry Bates, her husband, and two children all graduated from Iowa State. I've heard they are all big ISU fans. So there's one at least.

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
For anyone that still supports Leath you have seen the legal and ethical issues he has had. There's the plane stuff, Bubu stuff, and other arguably unpopular stuff. While I do think he has been good for Iowa State in the general aspects of his job I think he has been a bit shortsighted in we need infrastructure to serve all of the increased growth.
Don't forget about banning VEISHEA

• Creative
Reactions: aauummm

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sherry Bates, her husband, and two children all graduated from Iowa State. I've heard they are all big ISU fans. So there's one at least.

Didn't she sell us out on the appropriations bill though? I could be thinking of someone else.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron