MLB: ***Official 2016 - 17 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO CUBS Offseason Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Anyone planning to see the World Series trophy next week? I think I am going to but my biggest issue is how far in advance should I show up since it's only 10-11:30am.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I'm going to attempt to go but I am now worried after hearing about how long lines have been at other stops that 8am may not even be soon enough. Already heard stories of how some may camp out there tonight which is just crazy for getting about 10 seconds to take a photo with it. I guess they hand out wristbands to the first 500 there that guarantees you get through the line so if you don't get one just hope the line moves through quick that they get more through. Do the math, if it's only for 90 minutes that's 5400 seconds and divide that by 500 people that is 10.8 seconds a person. You'd think for being the home of the AAA team the time would be more than 90 minutes and someone told me they have turned away people at other stops when the time is up so tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Showed up at 7:30 and they said they were at about 400 already. Good thing is you can sit inside, currently in the I Cubs clubhouse

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I'm going to attempt to go but I am now worried after hearing about how long lines have been at other stops that 8am may not even be soon enough. Already heard stories of how some may camp out there tonight which is just crazy for getting about 10 seconds to take a photo with it. I guess they hand out wristbands to the first 500 there that guarantees you get through the line so if you don't get one just hope the line moves through quick that they get more through. Do the math, if it's only for 90 minutes that's 5400 seconds and divide that by 500 people that is 10.8 seconds a person. You'd think for being the home of the AAA team the time would be more than 90 minutes and someone told me they have turned away people at other stops when the time is up so tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

No ****. You'd think they could give us at least 108 minutes.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Fun morning. Got there just before 8. Was around number 500. Also waited in the clubhouse. We were outta there around 10:45 with a priceless momento!

And the ICubs staff did an awesome job setting that up and moving people through. The were great hosts today for that special hardware.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
C32gr7MWcAIa8UB.jpg:large

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
This offseason:

+ Getting Wade Davis
+ Players have been working out this offseason

Neutral Losing a veteran outfielder for a rookie

- Not adding a veteran pitcher
- Bullpen likely weaker
- Lose David Ross

I think this season hangs on two things:

1. Albert Almora having a successful season
2. Hendricks remaining in good shape. I expect a dip from him, but I also think Arrieta has another Cy Young season with free agency looming.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This offseason:

+ Getting Wade Davis
+ Players have been working out this offseason

Neutral Losing a veteran outfielder for a rookie

- Not adding a veteran pitcher
- Bullpen likely weaker
- Lose David Ross

I think this season hangs on two things:

1. Albert Almora having a successful season
2. Jason Heyward, at minimum, doubling his crap stats from last year

Didn't we add almost every available bullpen arm? I've been kidding with a friend that almost every MLB reliever is on a 10-day contract with the Cubs.

Aug 26, 2014
Didn't we add almost every available bullpen arm? I've been kidding with a friend that almost every MLB reliever is on a 10-day contract with the Cubs.
Yeah I feel like we added a ton of veteran pitching. Hopefully a couple of them work out.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

they added a ton of arms, not sure many of them are better than who we already had (other than Davis obviously) They certainly need one (or two) of the lefties to step up.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I don't know what the Cubs should do with Arrieta. He's really good, but he's not Kershaw good and I feel like he wants to be paid like Kershaw. On the other hand, the Cubs really have no replacement for him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron