Football Scholarship Chart Tracker

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
I've added the OL Robert Hudson commit. Kid has a great story.

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Recent updates:

- Added Jacob Bolton
- Added Khaliel Rodgers
- Added high school 247 Composite scores for the graduate transfers.

As an aside, we will have 5 offensive starters (assuming Rodgers/Dawson start) who were HS all-americans next season.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
My prediction simply base on not seeing the field so far under newer staff.....
Stephen Pickett-Brown, J. Coleman, Nerness, Kodanko, Croney, D Johnson.

I doubt if Croney is gone because we didn't sign any RBs for 2017.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Thank you for doing this. An invaluable resource given CW and crew are a little more... lax about updating theirs and providing so much data within it.

Would you ever make one for basketball? Should be easier to handle, after all, given the much smaller roster. If not, mind if I "borrow" your idea, but just for BB?

I have my own in Excel (again, CW and crew can be slow-ish), but I never though previously to Google Doc it and "share it with the world" on here. @timhisu

Reactions: ForbinsAscynt

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Thank you for doing this. An invaluable resource given CW and crew are a little more... lax about updating theirs and providing so much data within it.

Would you ever make one for basketball? Should be easier to handle, after all, given the much smaller roster. If not, mind if I "borrow" your idea, but just for BB?

I have my own in Excel (again, CW and crew can be slow-ish), but I never though previously to Google Doc it and "share it with the world" on here. @timhisu

Sure, go for it! I don't follow basketball recruiting very much so I'm not sure I'd be the best person to maintain it. I'll certainly refer to yours though :)

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sure, go for it! I don't follow basketball recruiting very much so I'm not sure I'd be the best person to maintain it. I'll certainly refer to yours though :)

Hey again. I went ahead and made one.

I will put a thread up in the basketball forum about it at some point but, first, I wanted to see if you (or anybody else) had any suggestions to improve it.

In general, though...

-- copied the shape/form of the existing football one
-- only included four positions... point guards, shooting guards, wings, and posts, given differentiating between a 4 and 5 is hard nowadays
-- you could quibble about a few of the categorizations (i.e., NWB and Jakolby Long being a 3 and a 2, not 2 2's or 2 3's) but I did my best
-- made one tab for this year, one tab for next year
-- all experience stats are at the beginning of this season
-- all height and weight stats are from the ISU roster on the ISU site or 247
-- all rankings are 247 composites, as with the football scholarship chart
-- couldn't find anything for the JUCOs, though, would appreciate it if there is anything

So, any suggestions for further things to add or improve, everybody?

Reactions: timhisu

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Hey again. I went ahead and made one.

I will put a thread up in the basketball forum about it at some point but, first, I wanted to see if you (or anybody else) had any suggestions to improve it.

In general, though...

-- copied the shape/form of the existing football one
-- only included four positions... point guards, shooting guards, wings, and posts, given differentiating between a 4 and 5 is hard nowadays
-- you could quibble about a few of the categorizations (i.e., NWB and Jakolby Long being a 3 and a 2, not 2 2's or 2 3's) but I did my best
-- made one tab for this year, one tab for next year
-- all experience stats are at the beginning of this season
-- all height and weight stats are from the ISU roster on the ISU site or 247
-- all rankings are 247 composites, as with the football scholarship chart
-- couldn't find anything for the JUCOs, though, would appreciate it if there is anything

So, any suggestions for further things to add or improve, everybody?

Looks good. I would do a totals column to the left of the incoming rather than the right. That way you can reflect the current "13".

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Tim, First I'd like to say thank you for this spread sheet. I use it almost as therapy session as affirmation of where Cyclone football is headed.

My question is on Braxton Lewis, he's on the 2 deep on CF. I don;t see him ever being a commit so I assume he was a walk-on. Has there been any updates from the staff on guys like this being awarded scholarships?

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Tim, First I'd like to say thank you for this spread sheet. I use it almost as therapy session as affirmation of where Cyclone football is headed.

My question is on Braxton Lewis, he's on the 2 deep on CF. I don;t see him ever being a commit so I assume he was a walk-on. Has there been any updates from the staff on guys like this being awarded scholarships?

As far as I know he isn't on scholarship but @JStanz51 could confirm.

• Informative
Reactions: Stormin

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron