latest

WWE Fastlane

Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI

Sunday, 5 March 2017 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central

PPV/WWE Network

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Predicting Bray wins the belt in the EC and we get Orton vs. Bray at Mania. Also thinking we see the end of face Roman Reigns soon.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Predicting Bray wins the belt in the EC and we get Orton vs. Bray at Mania. Also thinking we see the end of face Roman Reigns soon.

Haven't kept up as much the last few months. What's been the play with Bray? I don't mind his gimmick/entrance, but felt like he was just in neutral mode for a couple years.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Absolutely agree on Bray winning at EC - otherwise what purpose does Orton winning the Rumble have? This is a feud that would have worked without having WHC centered around it, now that Orton has Wyatt and Harper at each other's throats (the whole purpose of joining the Family in the first place).

Can only hope Reigns gets turned. Then again, perhaps using Reigns' X-Pac heat to get Orton over as the Rumble winner, someone who ordinarily would have been a "ho-hum" reaction at best, maybe says something about how they're taking a step away from Reigns again.

Haven't kept up as much the last few months. What's been the play with Bray? I don't mind his gimmick/entrance, but felt like he was just in neutral mode for a couple years.

The rumors of Bray Wyatt becoming WHC literally came out of nowhere because he has been in neutral for so long. However, since the draft and Orton's return from injury, the two have been involved in a slow burn storyline. First Bray won the feud with Orton, then Orton joined the family in a "if you can't beat them, join them" moment (but everyone knew it was so much more than that). Luke Harper never trusted Orton, which he used to drive a wedge between Harper and Wyatt to the point where it came to blows in the Rumble last night. Along the way they've terrorized all of SmackDown, won the Tag Team Titles, and when they lost them Harper and Orton have been blaming each other , forcing Wyatt to be a peacemaker. Like most things SmackDown since the draft, it's been a really good story.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
My first guess at the WrestleMania card post-Royal Rumble:

ATGMBR
Gallows & Anderson (c) vs TBD (RTTC)
American Alpha (c) vs TBD (SDTTC)
X-brand Women's Tag Team match (featuring women not in either championship match)
Shaq vs Big Show
Charlotte (c) vs Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Nia Jax (RWC)
SDWC match (need to see what happens at EC)
Neville (c) vs TBD (CWC)
Dean Ambrose (c) vs The Miz (ICC)
Ladder match for USC
Roman Reigns vs Undertaker
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar
John Cena vs Samoa Joe
AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon
Seth Rollins vs HHH
Kevin Owens (c) vs Chris Jericho (UHC)
Bray Wyatt (c) vs Randy Orton (WHC)

It's a 'UGE card, but it's a 5-hour show + 2 hour preshow, so there's a lot of time to fill. And for the record, I don't know how Braun Strowman or Baron Corbin play into this. I don't think it'll be ATGMBR. Maybe it's a X-brand match against each other, maybe it's Strowman vs Zayn with Corbin in ATGMBR, I just don't know yet.

Last edited:

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
My first guess at the WrestleMania card post-Royal Rumble:

ATGMBR
Gallows & Anderson (c) vs TBD (RTTC)
American Alpha (c) vs TBD (SDTTC)
X-brand Women's Tag Team match (featuring women not in either championship match)
Shaq vs Big Show
Charlotte (c) vs Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Nia Jax (RWC)
SDWC match (need to see what happens at EC)
Neville (c) vs TBD (CWC)
Dean Ambrose (c) vs The Miz (ICC)
Ladder match for USC
Roman Reigns vs Undertaker
Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar
John Cena vs Samoa Joe
AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon
Seth Rollins vs HHH
Kevin Owens (c) vs Chris Jericho (UHC)
Bray Wyatt (c) vs Randy Orton (WHC)

It's a 'UGE card, but it's a 5-hour show + 2 hour preshow, so there's a lot of time to fill. And for the record, I don't know how Braun Strowman or Baron Corbin play into this. I don't think it'll be ATGMBR. Maybe it's a X-brand match against each other, maybe it's Strowman vs Zayn with Corbin in ATGMBR, I just don't know yet.
Holy **** that's a lot of matches.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Just read a rumor involving the Universal Championship match at Mania. Huge spoiler if true.

Goldberg is supposedly going to have a match with Owens at Fastlane, with Goldberg winning it, thus setting up Lesnar vs Goldberg for the title at Mania. Jericho vs Owens for the U.S. Title. That is an absolute bs move by the WWE if true. Most people don't really want to see Goldberg vs Lesnar III to begin with, but making it a title match will cause up uproar. That whole match will be booed from start to finish.{/spoiler]

I hope for the fans sake, that isn't true.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Just read a rumor involving the Universal Championship match at Mania. Huge spoiler if true.

Goldberg is supposedly going to have a match with Owens at Fastlane, with Goldberg winning it, thus setting up Lesnar vs Goldberg for the title at Mania. Jericho vs Owens for the U.S. Title. That is an absolute bs move by the WWE if true. Most people don't really want to see Goldberg vs Lesnar III to begin with, but making it a title match will cause up uproar. That whole match will be booed from start to finish.{/spoiler]

I hope for the fans sake, that isn't true.

I saw this earlier. I'm choosing to ignore it for the following reasons:

1. You missed the second part of that rumor: Goldberg would lose UHC to Lesnar at WrestleMania, with the idea that he loses it to (pause to add suspense) Roman Reigns. Here's the problem, though - Lesnar is going to go into his annual contractual post-Mania hibernation and we won't see or hear from him until at least SummerSlam, and you know WWE - for someone like Lesnar the 30-day defense won't be "enforced" - it'll just go inactive for at least 4 months, just like it did the last time Lesnar held it in 2014. As much as people mark out at the appearance of Lesnar, the reason why most don't want him holding a title is because he'll never defend it.

2. To me this has more of the smell of a masking agent - something WWE throws out there as rumors to potentially hide their true intentions. Media that follows pro wrestling is getting so good at uncovering WWE's intentions (i.e., Orton winning the Rumble) that they're having to throw out outrageous yet somewhat believable scenarios out there to hide what they're really doing.

3. To support #2, Roman Reigns was "supposed" to beat Kevin Owens at the Rumble to become UHC - it was what was reported for weeks. That never happened.

Granted, the rumor out there was nether Styles nor Owens was going to take their titles into Mania, and Styles lost his last night. And, in spite of the fact that in my early Mania prediction I have Owens vs Jericho for UHC, there's still a certain Demon King out there that never lost his title and should be returning from injury very soon, and there's no reason to put that Demon King in the Rumble if said Demon King was just going to reclaim the UHC from Owens, and if Jericho does something that costs Owens the title, forever ruining their friendship and leading to a WrestleMania friendship blowoff in the process.

To me that is a much more likely scenario, and one that if WWE wasn't throwing all kinds of red herrings out there to cover that up would have had the dots for it connected a long time ago.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Seeing how the ones wearing them are Owens and Zayn, I think the arm-bands are a tribute to the shooting that happened in Canada this weekend.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
What - you didn't see this coming as soon as they announced Strowman vs. Owens for UHC? This one was easy.
Of course, but for gods sake, they have been making Braun be this unstoppable beast, and they have Roman make him look like a jobber. They could have had him come through the crowd again and hit him in a surprise attack. Instead, they just make Strowman look weak compared to Reigns. And there is still people out there who don't understand why people hate Roman Reigns.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Of course, but for gods sake, they have been making Braun be this unstoppable beast, and they have Roman make him look like a jobber. They could have had him come through the crowd again and hit him in a surprise attack. Instead, they just make Strowman look weak compared to Reigns. And there is still people out there who don't understand why people hate Roman Reigns.

I don't disagree with you whatsoever. I'm just saying by now I just roll my eyes and move on with my life. If Reigns walked away with the UHC or Royal Rumble win last night, I probably would have been upset. It's just not worth my time getting all hot and bothered by things that happen on Raw anymore, especially when I see it coming from miles away. It was so predicable I was able to use apathy as a defense mechanism.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Either HHH is really tired, or he has aged drastically over the last couple months. His eyes are really baggy/wrinkled.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Either HHH is really tired, or he has aged drastically over the last couple months. His eyes are really baggy/wrinkled.

Let's see. He does Raw, SmackDown, NXT, all his corporate responsibilities, and his family. Then, from what I've read, he works out after midnight. Yeah, I think he's just a little tired.