RECRUITING: Another grad transfer offensive lineman set to visit this weekend

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Iowa State picked up some much needed depth along the offensive front over the weekend when Michigan graduate transfer David Dawson committed to the Cyclones after a weekend visit. This weekend Iowa State will host USC graduate transfer Khaliel Rodgers.

Rodgers was rated as a four-star prospect, the No. 129 prospect in the 2013 class and No. 3 center, according to 247Composite. The 6-foot-3, 315-pound, Bear, Del. native started nine games for the Trojans in his career.

Stay tuned through the week for more on this weekend's visitors.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Iowa State picked up some much needed depth along the offensive front over the weekend when Michigan graduate transfer David Dawson committed to the Cyclones after a weekend visit. This weekend Iowa State will host USC graduate transfer Khaliel Rodgers.

Rodgers was rated as a four-star prospect, the No. 129 prospect in the 2013 class and No. 3 center, according to 247Composite. The 6-foot-3, 315-pound, Bear, Del. native started nine games for the Trojans in his career.

Stay tuned through the week for more on this weekend's visitors.
He may end up at OL, but did he not get most of his time at DL next year?

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
OG or Center is were he played at USC. It was my understanding that he only made a brief switch to DL, but most of his time was spent on offense.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
OG or Center is were he played at USC. It was my understanding that he only made a brief switch to DL, but most of his time was spent on offense.
Haha I clicked on the wrong thread....my bad. I was talking about the new commitment.

• Funny
Reactions: bozclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Wow. These guys just keep raking them in. Is this going to be a daily thing until Feb 1st?

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Considering how much improvement we saw from walk ons like Fett and Seda as the season went on, you have to love the potential of Dawson and Rodgers. If this staff can get the most out of them, look out. Of course we have to seal the deal with Rodgers first but I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Reactions: bozclone

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
We must be seriously concerned about the oline to be taking multiple grad transfers. Hopefully these guys work out.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
We must be seriously concerned about the oline to be taking multiple grad transfers. Hopefully these guys work out.
I think depth is a concern but there are a couple talented guys there. This staff wasn't left with much depth when they showed up, so you need to fill that void to create competition and depth.

OL takes time to develop and I think the staff is pretty high on a number of guys who redshirted last year and we have some strong commits who will redshirt the coming season. Need to use grad transfers to help while we bridge the gap until this staff has their own players with a few years of development under their belts.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I think it'd be much be much more concerning if the staff was out there kicking the tires on OL grad transfers that weren't high potential guys. These two don't really concern me one bit.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Help Support Us

Become a patron