No Suspension for Grayson Allen?

Should Grayson Allen had been suspended?

• Total voters

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
It's so easy to find fault and slow motion doesn't really help. I don't think it was intentional but he will lose the benefit of the doubt with many due to his history.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The guy plays with a serious chip on his shoulder, which is all fine and good. But I do really wonder if he's all there mentally and worry it's going to be one of those things where people end up saying, "Well, we saw the warning signs, but thought he was just spoiled or lacked fine motor control."

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The guy plays with a serious chip on his shoulder, which is all fine and good. But I do really wonder if he's all there mentally and worry it's going to be one of those things where people end up saying, "Well, we saw the warning signs, but thought he was just spoiled or lacked fine motor control."

Reminds of someone else everyone except Duke fans hated; Christian Laettner. Dude was talented but because of the way he played and how he ticked off everyone around him, his pro days were less than exceptional.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
In my view he clearly did it on purpose. Of course he was fine until he made the contact. Normally when you know that you're going to run in to someone you brace yourself or grab them from getting hurt as well. He gave the guy a good shove. I bet it doesn't turn out that way if Krzyzewski was close by.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This is the only one out of the 17 or so instances of Allen doing something stupid that I am calling an overreaction. I'll admit, it looked bad the first time. But after hearing the FSU coach's version, I think he's right. I looks like the contact is mostly with the lower body, and the follow through with the hands had limited contact. Also, it would take a great deal of awareness to be diving for a loose ball and say "hey, there's a FSU assistant coach, I'm going to push him."

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't think the shove was intentional, but I think everything he does from here on out is going to be subject to some pretty intense scrutiny, and he has nobody to blame but himself for that.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Lol! That shove was definitely intentional. No doubt about it. I don't know how anyone could see that differently.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Allen is majoring in "arm tackles" now. Wonderful. I guess his leg wasn't in the right position for an effective takedown.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
That Smith Jr. kid on NCST destroyed him. God, wouldn't it be nice to pull talent like NCST does?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron